how are you billing FET on tires?

how are you billing FET on tires?

Postby Torgy » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:03 pm

How are you billing FET on tires? Currently I just add the FET to the cost and sale price and I am putting the FET cost into my 243 account.
I have been thinking off adding a fee in CDK for the FET, but I am a little reluctant to do this as I am afraid that the cost will be missed at the time of billing it out as the counterperson may not know that there is the FET on the tires. I will have to instill it in their brains to look for it on every LT tire.
Torgy

Re: how are you billing FET on tires?

Postby Ichabod Farquar » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:06 am

We bill FET, disposal fees, etc. on the tires when they are billed. We put all tires in a separate source and that source automatically applies the fees (as a fee code) to the part number when it sells. Additional quantity and the fee increases proportionally - nobody has to remember anything. EXCEPT the tire must be in the correct source for this to work.
Ichabod Farquar

Postby Jaybee » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:00 pm

It's been awhile but, I was able to add charges in R&R to the labor operation. I don't know if this is possible in CDK. I used this to add a state tire tax and disposal fee to any tires we sold. You would have to have access to service, I don't remember the screen number. The only option I can think of is to make every tire a parts kit. This would automatically add the charge. That might be a bit cumbersome, however. I have never been a big fan of "add this when you sell this" either.

John
Last edited by Jaybee on Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaybee

Postby JGROSS1978 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:32 pm

Ichabod Farquar wrote:We bill FET, disposal fees, etc. on the tires when they are billed. We put all tires in a separate source and that source automatically applies the fees (as a fee code) to the part number when it sells. Additional quantity and the fee increases proportionally - nobody has to remember anything. EXCEPT the tire must be in the correct source for this to work.

We do the same here. On CDK.
JGROSS1978

Postby Torgy » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:19 pm

In CDK we do have disposal fees setup to add to every tire that we sell out of the specific source for tires. But not every tire has FET on them so I don't want to be charging a customer for FET if there is none. I wish GM would add the FET fee in the part number set up like a core charge on the tires that actually have the FET fees, but that would make too much sense.
Torgy

Postby olepartsguy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:08 pm

WE PUT IN 243 ALONG WITH THE COST. WHAT ARE THE 2-3 DOLLARS. NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL
olepartsguy

Return to Parts Managers