"New" GM Catalog

Re: "New" GM Catalog

Postby C8RFAN » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:18 pm

Exactly what Mike and Smoyer are saying, GM Global EPC from Workbench.. I added mine to my shortcuts on global homepage for speed
C8RFAN

Postby olepartsguy » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:45 pm

CANT USE SHORTKEYS: F3 USED TO TAKE YOU TO THE DELCO CATALOG. F10 USED TO TAKE YOU TO SPID LABEL.
TRYING TO GET RID OF US OLD GUYS.
I HATE THE MOUSE
olepartsguy

Postby Denise Trimble » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:50 pm

I went from the message, to the link and it took me to the same place I usually launch from in Parts Workbench. Are they really just putting a different icon in the Applications page (because there was one in there already)? Seems same but different. Kind of like COL.
Denise Trimble

Postby drapp » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:29 am

I learned today from the Snap-On help desk that the catalog roll out has been delayed to at least early December.

While Snap-On is not General Motors, I am not surprised that another promised introduction date will be missed.

Am I the only one who still believes in "Under Promise" and "Over Deliver." What you tell a customer better happen far beyond 99.9% of the time. After all the only thing we really have to sell is ourselves and our reputation.
drapp

Postby partsguy99 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:52 pm

drapp wrote:I learned today from the Snap-On help desk that the catalog roll out has been delayed to at least early December.

While Snap-On is not General Motors, I am not surprised that another promised introduction date will be missed.

Am I the only one who still believes in "Under Promise" and "Over Deliver." What you tell a customer better happen far beyond 99.9% of the time. After all the only thing we really have to sell is ourselves and our reputation.

When you have a monopoly of a product (Snap On) and an alleged "customer" base that is forced to buy their product EXCLUSIVELY from them or be monetarily punished (GM Parts), that statement "Under Promise" and "Over Deliver" doesn't mean a thing to them.
partsguy99

Postby torgy123 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:18 pm

Okay, so last week we loaded our new Snap-On catalog. Now we have been having issues with going out of the catalog to do something in CDK or on the internet, and then coming back to the catalog and not be able to type anything in the VIN box or the RO box. We can however use the mouse to navigate but that only does so good without the VIN. We then have to log out and back in to Snap-On. I have called Snap-On twice with no results of why this is happening. It's not a huge issue, but it takes time, and time is $$.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem, and have you spoke to Snap-On?
torgy123

Postby camaroman » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:31 pm

The issue we are experiencing is the that the number keys do not work occasionally. Only in the catalog not in the DMS. It is like the catalog is stuck. Hoping they find a cure for that issue. I have been asking for the multiple filter option since they took it away years ago. Definitely a good feature, helps eliminate errors,
camaroman

Postby C8RFAN » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:32 pm

torgy123 wrote:Okay, so last week we loaded our new Snap-On catalog. Now we have been having issues with going out of the catalog to do something in CDK or on the internet, and then coming back to the catalog and not be able to type anything in the VIN box or the RO box. We can however use the mouse to navigate but that only does so good without the VIN. We then have to log out and back in to Snap-On. I have called Snap-On twice with no results of why this is happening. It's not a huge issue, but it takes time, and time is $$.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem, and have you spoke to Snap-On?

Has been happening to us several times a day, We just close the catalog out completely, and relaunch from workbench.

Have no bothered calling Snap-On yet, but We have gotten quick at closing and reopening :roll:
C8RFAN

Postby Denise Trimble » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:23 pm

Ours will not update. It does not help the fact our owner installed a new firewall the day after the new catalogs were installed. Even with the "whitewash" for the firewall, nothing comes through for updates. Numerous calls to SBS have yielded little help, but they are aware of many issues.
Denise Trimble

Postby bsnyder723 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:47 pm

All these problems are the reason I wait as long as possible to run the new updates from SnapOn.... still have the new one in the mailer waiting to be installed, which will probably be New Years Eve.
bsnyder723

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers