Tekion DMS

Re: Tekion DMS

Postby gmpartsguy147 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:52 am

Fixed Ops Mgr wrote:I have been training on the Tekion DMS this past week plus and I am feeling the challenges of changing DMS systems once again. I feel that this system shows promise
as it evolves and we go live next Monday 12/14 so I will keep posting the details and I get more familiar with the system. Tekion reps told me that they only have around 300 dealers on the system so I feel that the amount of GM dealers on the system is really limited.

I am also wondering if anyone else is/has been using Tekion DMS and to get some input and good feedback about what to watch for and some tips and tricks that I should be aware of.

If anyone has any ideas on reports to run from our current DMS which is Dealertrack that I may need for future reference which will no longer be available after the switch. I am hoping to avoid the "I wish that I had done this before the changeover" and regrettng it later.

If you would be so kind as to let me know how things go as our whole group of 18 dealerships is going live on Tekion next month
gmpartsguy147

Postby Fixed Ops Mgr » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:54 pm

gmpartsguy147 wrote:
Fixed Ops Mgr wrote:I have been training on the Tekion DMS this past week plus and I am feeling the challenges of changing DMS systems once again. I feel that this system shows promise
as it evolves and we go live next Monday 12/14 so I will keep posting the details and I get more familiar with the system. Tekion reps told me that they only have around 300 dealers on the system so I feel that the amount of GM dealers on the system is really limited.

I am also wondering if anyone else is/has been using Tekion DMS and to get some input and good feedback about what to watch for and some tips and tricks that I should be aware of.

If anyone has any ideas on reports to run from our current DMS which is Dealertrack that I may need for future reference which will no longer be available after the switch. I am hoping to avoid the "I wish that I had done this before the changeover" and regrettng it later.

If you would be so kind as to let me know how things go as our whole group of 18 dealerships is going live on Tekion next month

Absolutely, no problem!
Fixed Ops Mgr

Postby verofan » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:16 pm

Our dealership is switching from ADP (CDK) to Tekion end of Q1 2023. Not encouraged by the reviews I have seen so far. As well as our single OEM brand, we do a ton of wholesale for the antique & classic models and source vast numbers of after market parts independently.

I have a specific question regarding how (or even if) Tekion handles dealer lists (parts kits)? We use the SDL function extensively and it has been my experience that Reynolds parts kits have nowhere near the functionality that ADP has.
verofan

Postby memorial34 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:49 pm

Our smaller, family-run dealership has had Tekion since 4/3/23. I am baffled at even trying to come up with a word strong enough to explain how this system has been for us. HELL is the only word I can use. Simply, purely, HELL. It has taken 2 MONTHS for our parts inventory to finally, mostly, be fixed from the transfer on day 1. Tekion didn't like source codes 1-9 and created a fictitious parts inventory. We didn't fully realize what was going on for over a week. Every single part had to be MANUALLY corrected. It took weeks, dozens of conferences, hours and hours of overtime, and enough stress to choke the devil himself.

If anyone reading this post is looking for a different DMS for their dealership, for the love of all that is holy, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! hear me when I say this: DO NOT GO WITH TEKION. It will make your life a living nightmare. I've been here 11 years, and enjoyed my job. I've never wanted to walk out on the spot more than ever. Tensions are extremely high, and everyone is very angry and on edge with everyone and everything since day one. We've even had multiple fights in our service/shop/parts departments. It SUCKS. Our productivity has TANKED. We are extremely far behind with service work because of this joke of a system. So please, just AVOID it. Anyone without Tekion hiring ??? :(
memorial34

Postby camaroman » Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:33 pm

Trust me, I feel your pain. We have endured this crap since July of 2022, I have had enough and will be retiring by August after almost 38yrs here. I consider myself to have Tekion disease, and it sounds like your dealership has been infected by it as well. I still cannot believe that this system has so many downfalls and they certainly outweigh the positives. There most popular response is: We will have to send it to engineering. If you are lucky they will tell you they fixed the issue a few weeks later, with no explanation of what they did to fix it.
camaroman

Previous

Return to Parts Managers