ADS Issues

ADS Issues

Postby ZOT MOLT » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:29 pm

On Sep 30 a customer created an e-commerce order for All Weather Floor Mats for her 2021 Tahoe, taking advantage of the 20% off discount. When I opened one of them up to show her, she said they were the wrong color. She had ordered Very Dark Atmosphere which on the ADS site looks black. The last time I looked at the atmoshpere when it was very dark out it looked black to me also. I explained to her that apparently nobody at GM can spell Brown. So that she would not lose the discount and have to go through the hassle of initiate a return, I told her I would exchange them for her. I had to order them through my ADI and of course they were on back order. I got thinking about this a few days latter and realised these are not what she wants. These are the All Weather Mats, the crappy thick rubber mats that nobody wants. So I looked for Floor Liners on the ADS site and they don't have any listed, for a 2021 Tahoe! Then I went to the parts catalog and lo and behold the liners are listed and they are on backorder. Now I've ordered the Liners and she OK with paying the difference and will get the product that she wants and should have been on the ADS site to begin with. So yeah, ADS is a piece of crap.
Oh, just one more thing, (Columbo) yesterday another customer ordered the wrong length tonneau cover for his truck, so the fun continues.
Oh, just another one more thing, 3 out of the last 7 ADS orders were wrong.
ZOT MOLT

Re: ADS Issues

Postby Zep33 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:26 pm

A lot of that stuff is redlisted for LPOs and pulled from the ADIs website
Zep33

Postby Torgy » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:54 pm

I also had an e-commerce order come through the other day for floor liners for a 2020 Tahoe. The customer had selected 1st row atmosphere, 2nd row black, 3rd row atmosphere, and the cargo in black. I was able to call the customer and verify what he was purchasing and he said that he actually wanted all black but black was not listed on the website and that in the pictures the atmosphere looked black to him. Luckily I was able to stop the ADI from shipping the order and canceled his e-commerce order.

Googled this...
What color is the atmosphere?
Actually the atmosphere, which we call the air, has no color. As you know, the sky isn't always blue. At night it looks black. At sunrise or sunset it might look red or orange. On sunny days the sky looks very deep blue and on days when there is a lot of moisture in the air, it looks gray. What makes the difference?

Yes why not brown instead of atmosphere. Some flipping geniuses @ GM thinking that customers will know that that atmosphere is brown/tan.

We also have had several of our sales staff questioning why they can not find floor liners or running boards on the accessory website. It's because GM has none available so they take those items off from the website.
Torgy

Postby FordGuyatGM » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:14 pm

I contacted ADS about this last year. They said that if a part is on "backorder" it will not be listed on the ADS site. I have no clue who thought this was a good idea, but it's crazy!
FordGuyatGM

Postby Zep33 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:33 pm

FordGuyatGM wrote:I contacted ADS about this last year. They said that if a part is on "backorder" it will not be listed on the ADS site. I have no clue who thought this was a good idea, but it's crazy!

They don't want to have to deal with all the questions of where are my parts from the Ecommerce orderers

I found out when our group fixed ops director bought a brand new Tahoe from us and wanted me to get him some all weather mats. Nothing listed on the ADS site at all. Found out they were redlisted. My rep gave me the part numbers and GM had thousands DS. Ordered from GM and got them 3 days later
Zep33

Postby bentwrench54 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:49 am

I’ve got a customer running around in a brand new truck with no accessories that he ordered (LPO).

Everything is held up because of a fucking exhaust tip.

Been back ordered for at least a month now.
bentwrench54

Postby Fixed Ops Mgr » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:04 am

Our store just signed on to be an e-commerce dealer through the ADS website and I don't have a clue on how to handle these orders? Can someone point me in the right direction on how to process these thru and get paid. I have parts getting sent in for customers that
choose to pickup the parts from our store and they are bringing in proof that they paid for them online so I cannot charge the parts to the customer again. The local ADI is sending me invoices for the parts sold via e-commerce and I see that I m being billed for them so I how
do I process the transaction and get paid? Where is the money going when the customer pay online?
I called my local ADI for help to understand and these are no help whatsover so I am hoping one of you can send me some information. I am so happy that they signed us up with no direction or clue given to me as what to do with these transactions so I could get prepared before they started coming in. I suppose they are probably another benefit for the parts department like the LPO's. :roll:
Fixed Ops Mgr

Postby PartScott » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:57 am

Fixed Ops Mgr wrote: Can someone point me in the right direction on how to process these thru and get paid.

Your office manager should have filled out paperwork to receive payments through a gateway for e-commerce orders. The funds get transferred to that account and are used to pay for any orders that come in to you. The way I handle the transactions is like this...
-Order notification comes in via e-mail to me.
-I generate a counter slip (if being picked up in store or shipped) or have service start an RO (if being installed in store) applying any discounts (posted to advertising) and totaling the amount in the e-mail.
-Parts show up, I notify the customer.
-Ticket gets turned in to the office referencing the e-commerce order number to be processed for payment.

Here is a copy of the e-mail I received when we enrolled. You should be able to contact Zach and he can assist you in getting set up for notifications since it sounds like maybe you aren't getting those.
Hi Scott,

Your dealership has successfully enrolled into the Accessories E-Commerce program, congratulations! Please see below a high-level explanation of how the Accessory E-Commerce orders transpire –
1. Customer goes online and makes purchase through the brand/dealer site – amount paid includes coupons (if applicable), install (if applicable), shipping (if applicable) & tax
2. Exact amount customer paid gets deposited into dealers credit card/bank account (this automatic transaction of payment from customers credit card into dealer bank acct happens through the Mastercard Gateway – see attached doc for reference) – this is generally tracked by Office Mgr
3. A parts counter ticket OR RO (if install applies) is generated by Parts Mgr to exactly MATCH amount customer paid. Once item is in shipped status, funds will be captured and can be tracked in the Mastercard Gateway, exactly matching parts counter ticket or RO.
4. If information cannot be manually entered into current DMS system set up as an exact amount match, dealer needs to contact their DMS rep and indicate that they are now receiving online orders. Installation and shipping need to be made taxable (if applicable), as well as tax needs to be appropriated according to customers address (allowing for city/county tax to be applicable.) This is per state tax laws regarding SHIP DIRECT items only. See attached tax document for refence regarding tax on ship direct ecommerce orders.
5. 7% fee on (BRAND ORDERS ONLY - debit), shipping total (debit) and coupons/manufacturer allowances (credit) all filter into the dealers GM Open BARRS Account. These debits and credits will be on weekly invoices and attached to the Ecommerce order# – generally tracked by the Parts Mgr
6. Once order is in “shipped” status, funds have been captured, parts counter ticket/RO is generated, and credit/debits through GM Open BARRS account have been reconciled, order can be completed in ADS and closed out internally in dealership.
7. It is essential Parts Mgr and Office Mgr/Comptroller stay in communication to reconcile funds for each order.

Attached is more information on the program, please feel free to call me anytime if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Zach Eckhout
GM Accessories Marketing – ADS Account Supervisor
100 Renaissance Center | Floor 8 – Desk B82 | Detroit, MI 48265
Office: 313-909-2439 | Zach.eckhout@gm(dot)com
PartScott

Postby gmsubparts » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:54 pm

Don't forget about vouchers, they are now redeeming on the customer facing ads. Voucher payments come to you through bars account which is separate from your gateway payments. So if a customer redeems $100 in vouchers and pays $xxx amount on their balance you will have two forms of payments that go to your accounting. The gateway payment is immediate and the bars payments will only be posted once a week and it will be the following week.
gmsubparts

Return to Parts Managers