84564758 Boxed Wrong & Refuse To RFI

84564758 Boxed Wrong & Refuse To RFI

Postby TheEd » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:00 pm

We got two 84564758 bumper bars from a wholesale dealer, never been opened before and boxed wrong. It's supposed to be 'excluding obstacle detection' but both had holes cut out for the parking sensors. Was stuck ordering from the wholesale dealer because the nearest stocking PDC was Martinsburg which, on a good day, is 4 days for us.

Request an RFI and get "per GM procedures, the part has to be ordered from a PDC location before RFI can process a request". I tell them the customer is in a pinch, needs the bar, it is flagged as not able to be overnighted, so it's ridiculous to make the customer wait 4 days for a bar to arrive from the PDC, wrong again, just to generate an RFI and wait another 4 or 5 days. They reply back with the same copy and paste "per procedures".

I finally found a dealer that had one that wasn't boxed wrong, but found a number of them were, so if you got one, check your box.
TheEd

Re: 84564758 Boxed Wrong & Refuse To RFI

Postby CHUCKINPARTS » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:32 pm

Currently working on a Partech case for rr lower cover 84856644. Catalog has one listed for a
Lt cool anderson cover (why can’t they just say gray)and we know that’s not correct. I sent the Tech to find any stamped numbers and he found the 84456644 on a tag. OK……I’ll use that number and I should get a black cover with dual exhaust. NOT. The part came in and it had white stickers over other stickers and had a cover that was black but only a single exhaust. Called Partech and confirmed by engineering pictures it should be a black cover with dual exhaust. Ordered a second cover and we received the same shit. PERFECT…..
Called Partech to do RFI (which is another cluster f$%# trying get that done) no answer. Called a Partech agent for help and explained the story. He said they could not do an RFI on this part because it would kick because some dumb ass engineer has a note attached that it cannot be put on a 2021 model. So let me see if I got this right……. Even though I’m looking at this cover with the part number on it and you have confirmed it is not packaged correctly and we still have to wait till you find some egg head to take this note off. YUP
4 days and counting…………..
CHUCKINPARTS

Re: 84564758 Boxed Wrong & Refuse To RFI

Postby PartScott » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:25 pm

The last time I thought I needed to do an RFI (long story), I was told by Partech to follow this guide. Maybe this could be of help to you guys.

1. Copy the below template & paste directly into a new email message, and fill out the information as prescribed:

Dealer Information
Parts Dealer Code:
Dealer Name:
Contact Name:
Contact Phone Number:
Vehicle/Order Information:
VIN (17 Digits):
Make/Model:
Issue Information:
Part Numbers:
Description of the part (where located on vehicle, function):
Description of the issue – provide detailed explanation:
Casting/Vendor numbers:
Illustration and/or callout numbers:
Bulletin or other case numbers (TAC Case number, Service Request number):
Previous ParTech Case Number (if applicable)

2. Use “Dealership Name, [your parts dealer code)” in the subject field. Also, be sure to attach any photos that may help illustrate/explain the concern

3. Send the completed email to PartechRequest@GM(dot)com.
PartScott

Return to Parts Managers