GM My Rewards (Help)

GM My Rewards (Help)

Postby torgy123 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:38 pm

we are going live with the MY rewards program on Jan 1st.

We are CDK dealer and I am wondering how, on the parts side is everyone invoicing with the VIN #?

Can you put it in the comments section in the middle of the invoice, or does it need to be tied in with the customer number/name? I have a feeling that it need to be tie in to the customer information.

Please share any tips that may help us with this start up.
torgy123

Re: GM My Rewards (Help)

Postby camaroman » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:00 pm

We are on Dominion and have not started using the points on parts invoices. Our controller has not had the time to help us get it all set up. So for now we continue to generate repair orders.
camaroman

Postby JGROSS1978 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:26 pm

On CDK. We create a counter ticket if no labor. Redeem the points on the my rewards app in global connect with a voucher number. Staple it to ticket and give it to the office manager. They apply to parts when
they get payment from GM on BARRS.
JGROSS1978

Postby Whiner » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:36 pm

We use CDK Drive. Unfortunately, we create a RO every time. That is what we were advised to do by the My Rewards people. Don't like it and it is a PIA - but customers expect to redeem points.

The program, like all GM programs, has issues. The biggest problem we have is getting a "printed" copy of the customer's voucher. They always have it on their phone and nobody can print from a phone - at least not in this building with a customer phone.
Whiner

Postby greenthumb-38 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:39 pm

We do the same a JGROSS1978 does...

thankfully my front counter man is a wiz with the MyRewards app and is a very patient person, essential in dealing with new car customers and their rewards points.

- gt needs to spend his Rewards points !!

JGROSS1978 wrote:On CDK. We create a counter ticket if no labor. Redeem the points on the my rewards app in global connect with a voucher number. Staple it to ticket and give it to the office manager. They apply to parts when
they get payment from GM on BARRS.
greenthumb-38

Postby greenthumb-38 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:42 pm

Whiner wrote:We use CDK Drive. Unfortunately, we create a RO every time. That is what we were advised to do by the My Rewards people. Don't like it and it is a PIA - but customers expect to redeem points.

The program, like all GM programs, has issues. The biggest problem we have is getting a "printed" copy of the customer's voucher. They always have it on their phone and nobody can print from a phone - at least not in this building with a customer phone.

From my perspective and experience, a printed copy is not necessary, just redeem it promptly. Our cashier does the redemption while the customer is still here. Never been a problem with not having a printed copy. Also, most of our rewards usage is for floor liners and LP frames, and we use part invoice numbers in the RO field, not a problem yet.
greenthumb-38

Postby Denise Trimble » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:37 pm

Sorry, unable to help with the CDK portion of your inquiry, however I hope these tips are helpful:

* No printed voucher is necessary, as long as you have the correct voucher number and dollar amount for said voucher.
* Customers may use multiple vouchers per transaction.
* Voucher numbers must appear on the printed document via line comment or other means. Not hand-written on accounting copy!
* Customer name on the document, R.O. or Invoice, must match or be associated with the same My Rewards account they were drawn from.
* GM now allows dealers 6 months to redeem vouchers after expiration.
Denise Trimble

Postby GerryD » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:49 pm

We created a part number LOYALTY and gave it a source of 200. Office manger tied it to an account so they wash when credits come in.
Charge out the part and charge out LOYALTY with qty -1 and use loyalty amount. Discount must show on invoice for GM to pay.
GerryD

Postby olepartsguy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:51 pm

I MAKE OUR SERVIVE DEPARTMENT HANDLE THOSE . WHEN I RECEIVE THE INVOICE FOR THE MONTHLY PART, I BILL THE SERVICE DEPT. SO THERE IS THERE CHANCE TO RECOUP SOME OF THAT MONEY. I WOULD RATHER GIVE THEM THE OPPURTUNITY TO EARN THERE GROSS PARTS TRANSFER
olepartsguy

Postby pushit7 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:20 pm

We use CDK. If it needs to be install by the service, that would be easy for parts. We only have to charge the part and let them service/office manager do the rest. If it's over the counter, then we only put the name, phone# and email address on the customer information. It's good if customers have voucher information. If not, then on the comment, we put the Voucher#, $$ and expiration date. That's it. Again, office manager takes care the rest.

Merry Belated Christmas Parts Men/Women
pushit7

Return to Parts Managers