CDK USERS- PHANTOM PARTS

CDK USERS- PHANTOM PARTS

Postby CADLOU » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:32 pm

Hello everyone! I have a question. Our business has been way down the last few days. I caught this once before and have always caught it, but it has been some time since the last time I caught it. It has been at least two years. With the business slow, it is obviously easier to see the problem. The problem is this, I am getting an extra part on my orders. I look at the order in my CDK and it tells me we have three parts coming in for this RIM order. When the RIM order comes in the packing slip has 4 parts. There is no order bucket for this part for the RIM number it has listed. Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on?
CADLOU

Re: CDK USERS- PHANTOM PARTS

Postby JGROSS1978 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:12 pm

Are you being billed for 4??
JGROSS1978

Postby CADLOU » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:23 pm

JGROSS1978 wrote:Are you being billed for 4??

YES.
CADLOU

Postby JGROSS1978 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:25 pm

Pack quanty?
JGROSS1978

Postby CHUCKLESMII » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:09 pm

When this happens to me, it is usually a superseded part. check for old or new numbers that still have Rim state code 2
CHUCKLESMII

Postby CADLOU » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:08 pm

JGROSS1978 wrote:Pack quanty?

no
CADLOU

Postby CADLOU » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:12 pm

CHUCKLESMII wrote:When this happens to me, it is usually a superseded part. check for old or new numbers that still have Rim state code 2

No supersession. I looked at history. I approved adding it to RIM sometime last week, so I can't see from the sales history the supersession. We had sold this part in the past, so I added it.
CADLOU

Postby Whiner » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:20 am

Not quite certain I understand the issue so I will ask some questions and make observations:

1 - You say your CDK system has 3 parts on a RIM order but you received 4 parts from GM.

2 - Did you have a quantity problem or was this 3 part number lines vs. 4 part number lines? If it is a number of lines problem, check the RIM order on the RIM website to see if it matches your CDK order - EXACTLY. This should be checked every day. Any discrepancies should be addressed immediately. We always check number of lines and dollar value against our CDK "RA" screen. By the end of the day the "RA" screen must match the RIM order on the RIM website - if it doesn't this is a problem waiting to bite you in the rear.

3 - If there is a number of lines difference then you should be able to determine what happened by state code, supersession, bad supersession, etc. Don't use EPIC to verify supersession data, in this instance you must use the RIM website. Some supersessions in RIM are not in EPIC (and vise versa). If you can't figure it out - call the helpdesk, they can tell you why a given number ordered.

4 - Furthermore, if the part isn't in your CDK "RA" screen then RIM needs to know so they can determine why - assuming you don't determine why.

5 - There are far too many scenarios to list them as to why a part number may appear on a RIM generated order and not on your CDK system. There are a few common ones, and depending on your dealership size they can be repeated several times.
Whiner

Postby CADLOU » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:25 pm

I am going to use all caps so you can better differentiate mine from yours.
Whiner wrote:Not quite certain I understand the issue so I will ask some questions and make observations:

1 - You say your CDK system has 3 parts on a RIM order but you received 4 parts from GM. THIS IS CORRECT

2 - Did you have a quantity problem or was this 3 part number lines vs. 4 part number lines? If it is a number of lines problem, check the RIM order on the RIM website to see if it matches your CDK order - EXACTLY. This should be checked every day. Any discrepancies should be addressed immediately. We always check number of lines and dollar value against our CDK "RA" screen. By the end of the day the "RA" screen must match the RIM order on the RIM website - if it doesn't this is a problem waiting to bite you in the rear. 3 LINES ON CDK AND 4 LINES ON THE RIM ORDER.

3 - If there is a number of lines difference then you should be able to determine what happened by state code, supersession, bad supersession, etc. Don't use EPIC to verify supersession data, in this instance you must use the RIM website. Some supersessions in RIM are not in EPIC (and vise versa). If you can't figure it out - call the helpdesk, they can tell you why a given number ordered.

4 - Furthermore, if the part isn't in your CDK "RA" screen then RIM needs to know so they can determine why - assuming you don't determine why. THERE IS NO SUPPERSESSION AND THERE IS NOT OBVIOUS REASON THAT I CAN TELL. MY OPS MANAGER WAS IN MY SHOES AND I SHOWED HIM. HE LOOKED AS WELL BUT HE CAME UP EPMTY HANDED.

5 - There are far too many scenarios to list them as to why a part number may appear on a RIM generated order and not on your CDK system. There are a few common ones, and depending on your dealership size they can be repeated several times.
AT THIS POINT I AM GOING TO HAVE TO SEEK HELP FROM RIM AND CDK. WHILE THIS HAS ONLY HAPPENED ONCE OR TWICE BEFORE, IT STILL A PROBLME.
CADLOU

Postby Zep33 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:56 pm

I have seen it happen before too

One I remember is those stupid superceded condensers

I've also seen it with random parts too from time to time
Zep33

Return to Parts Managers