gm parts catalog

Re: gm parts catalog

Postby Denise Trimble » Wed May 12, 2021 2:52 pm

Today, two out of three updated properly. Snap-On had to team view into it and fix something.
Denise Trimble

Postby sasman44 » Wed May 12, 2021 5:59 pm

understatedone wrote:
sasman44 wrote:I did the update to our server yesterday and did the daily updates last night and everything went good. So hopefully going forward, this is the end of the troubles. :D

Your own server or using snap on's server?

Our server in our dealership. we have 5 computers using it. Used to give our IT guy a migraine every time I let him know we had an update. The last few times were less dramatic other than the big screw up one. This last one went very smooth.
sasman44

Postby olepartsguy » Wed May 12, 2021 8:48 pm

Well I ran the update last night. it was not done overnight. I started it during in the afternoon yesterday and let it run while we used the GM Global EPC. When I came in this morning it had a QLINK error. I restarted the server and then restarted the computer I ran the update on and then 3 hours later it was done. I was 36 days old on the Updates. Is it faster? hell no. Is it better? hell no. Did they give us any updates that are useful? hell no. Was it worth the wait ? hell no. Has it crashed since the update? hell no. That is the only good thing about this update/fix.
olepartsguy

Postby sasman44 » Thu May 13, 2021 4:29 pm

Spoke too soon. I'm having the Q.link error too. Saying its not connected to the internet. Anybody know if there has been any daily updates since Tuesday?
sasman44

Postby Denise Trimble » Thu May 13, 2021 4:56 pm

sasman44 wrote:Spoke too soon. I'm having the Q.link error too. Saying its not connected to the internet. Anybody know if there has been any daily updates since Tuesday?

Same computer that had problems yesterday (after updating Tuesday) had problems again today. Snap-On is aware of issues regarding failure to connect, update and see licenses. Once again, their tech had to team view into it to update....... still updating since 9:30 this morning EST.
Denise Trimble

Postby ScottParts » Thu May 13, 2021 5:59 pm

Finally got my USB update today, but now I'm scared to run it....
ScottParts

Postby camaroman » Mon May 17, 2021 11:49 am

Received our update too, I was off Thursday and Friday and told my guys to wait until this week. This way I can see if anyone installed it and how it was working out. I know I can come here for the best information, so fess up guys if you loaded it and let us know. Good or bad. LOL Have a great week!!!!!
camaroman

Postby Parts007 » Mon May 17, 2021 2:11 pm

I had the beta update and have been running for a few weeks. I had an Qlink error this morning and I called Snap On Support and they quickly fixed the issue. Don't be hesitant to install the update, they are there for you with smart people who answer right away if you need help.. I sound like an advertisement for them but I am not getting paid for this message. HA!

Reason I say right away. Reminds me of a certain DMS whose level 1 help desk is a bunch of blithering idiots designed to get you off the phone. If you bitch enough, they get you to the level two, the people who can help but takes 3 days for them to respond.
Parts007

Postby ScottParts » Mon May 17, 2021 7:24 pm

camaroman wrote:Received our update too, I was off Thursday and Friday and told my guys to wait until this week. This way I can see if anyone installed it and how it was working out. I know I can come here for the best information, so fess up guys if you loaded it and let us know. Good or bad. LOL Have a great week!!!!!

Loaded mine last Thurs, and have to admit, zero problems. Other than automatic updates. Looks like I have some available, even tho I have it set to run every night. I'll try it manually tonight, if I remember.
ScottParts

Postby ZOT MOLT » Tue May 18, 2021 12:48 pm

I ran mine Friday, USB drive. The update took less time than I thought it would, maybe a couple of hours. So far the catalog is working fine, I don't have to close it out and restart it 2 or 3 times a day like I did. The automatic update is not working though. I am getting the "Update fail error" so I called Snap On Support yesterday morning and was told they were busy and someone would call me back. I'll call again today to see if I can get it resolved since I only have 8 days left to work. After selling GM Parts for 46 years it's time to retire. Good luck to the rest of you.
ZOT MOLT

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers