gm parts catalog

Re: gm parts catalog

Postby smoyer » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:40 pm

camaroman wrote:My understanding was you had to have a Snap On Catalog contract to be able to access the Global Connect EPC. It would be great if we could eliminate the Snap On contract.

:lol: :lol: :lol: gm is not gonna let that happen they have the dealers over a barrel just like they like it
smoyer

Postby pushit7 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:25 pm

We pay this crap monthly and the update don't do jackshit sometimes such as the price still doesn't match with CDK. Once, ours was 35 days outdated.
We just want the list and trade price back on.
pushit7

Postby Denise Trimble » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:14 pm

pushit7 wrote:We pay this crap monthly and the update don't do jackshit sometimes such as the price still doesn't match with CDK. Once, ours was 35 days outdated.
We just want the list and trade price back on.

Today's opening message in my catalog: "The GMNA data is 95 days out of date......................."
Denise Trimble

Postby ScottParts » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:21 pm

We're 34 days out of date.
ScottParts

Postby olepartsguy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:34 pm

BACK TO THE 32 days out. once I ran the update it took 6 working days to update it. I left it running in the background. Yes you can access the gm Global EPC while you are updating the standalone. i let it run all weekend too. It finally finished sometime on Monday the 22nd
olepartsguy

Postby CHUCKINPARTS » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:02 pm

I had the same problem with Qlink updates and called at least 10 times to find out why it would not update. They even put a remote to my server on my desktop so I could see if it showed any errors before I called them. When I go under manage updates and say “update now “it will update but it is a slow catalog all day. If I set it to update using the(every night option) it will NOT do it. I found that if I set it up before I go home to update for that particular day Monday, Tuesday, etc it will update. So far its been working on the Qlink updates...……..
CHUCKINPARTS

Postby bsnyder723 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:33 pm

smoyer wrote:
bsnyder723 wrote:Do you need licenses for the on-line catalogs? And if so, how much of a savings is it vs the Snap On licenses? We are currently with Snap On and as you all know it costs a small fortune every month and if its a good savings, I'm interested. My only fear is when global is down, so is my catalogs!!

We pay125.00 per license they also offer a thumb drive that you can load onto the pc in case the internet goes down, but like anything else when the web goes down your screwed our dms and everything else is tied to the web

Who do you pay $125 per license to? I'd need 4 licenses and that would be $500 compared to the $1500/month I'm paying now!!
bsnyder723

Postby bigmac » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:55 pm

CHUCKINPARTS wrote:I had the same problem with Qlink updates and called at least 10 times to find out why it would not update. They even put a remote to my server on my desktop so I could see if it showed any errors before I called them. When I go under manage updates and say “update now “it will update but it is a slow catalog all day. If I set it to update using the(every night option) it will NOT do it. I found that if I set it up before I go home to update for that particular day Monday, Tuesday, etc it will update. So far its been working on the Qlink updates...……..

Because this thread pointed out this issue, I checked my PC and it needed updating. I left it running all night and the next dat it was up to date. So I checked our other PC and it didn't need updating. WTF? :?:
bigmac

Postby olepartsguy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:30 pm

smoyer wrote:

bsnyder723 wrote:
Do you need licenses for the on-line catalogs? And if so, how much of a savings is it vs the Snap On licenses? We are currently with Snap On and as you all know it costs a small fortune every month and if its a good savings, I'm interested. My only fear is when global is down, so is my catalogs!!

We pay125.00 per license they also offer a thumb drive that you can load onto the pc in case the internet goes down, but like anything else when the web goes down your screwed our dms and everything else is tied to the web

Are you sure the thumb drive is not for updating? and if so you are paying extra for the thumb drives. I chose not to get the thumb drive to save money. its no big deal getting 4-6 update discs and loading them in the server when need be. I have 5 licenses and I don't pay for the server anymore and i pay 690 monthly
olepartsguy

Postby tmundal » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:01 am

Has anyone figured out how to speed this piece of junk up? We have it installed on a local server, but its ridiculously slow. Like type a part number in to see if it fits the vin, and wheels spinning for 20 seconds every time slow. The online version seems to be a tad faster generally, but then we don't have any of our notes. When we're several hundred lines of wholesale orders a day, those seconds add up fast and make it unbearable.
tmundal

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers