gm parts catalog

Re: gm parts catalog

Postby olepartsguy » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:03 pm

Hey everyone including hey to crap on business solutions. Do you know its the 5th day of March. Do we have a solution to our catalog crapping out when we are working on something? did they not say that we would have a fix in March? Is anyone still having issues?
olepartsguy

Postby Parts007 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:53 pm

olepartsguy wrote:Hey everyone including hey to crap on business solutions. Do you know its the 5th day of March. Do we have a solution to our catalog crapping out when we are working on something? did they not say that we would have a fix in March? Is anyone still having issues?

On 02/26/2021 I was told that a Patch was in the works, and I would be contacted within a week to have installed. The Patch being the first step in the Update they are waiting to release. Because I am on the GM Parts Catalog Advisory Board, they wanted me to be one of the first to get the Patch, so I could be the Guinea Pig. I have not heard from them so they probably do not have a complete Patch to release yet.
Parts007

Postby Denise Trimble » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:17 am

Parts007 wrote:
olepartsguy wrote:Hey everyone including hey to crap on business solutions. Do you know its the 5th day of March. Do we have a solution to our catalog crapping out when we are working on something? did they not say that we would have a fix in March? Is anyone still having issues?

On 02/26/2021 I was told that a Patch was in the works, and I would be contacted within a week to have installed. The Patch being the first step in the Update they are waiting to release. Because I am on the GM Parts Catalog Advisory Board, they wanted me to be one of the first to get the Patch, so I could be the Guinea Pig. I have not heard from them so they probably do not have a complete Patch to release yet.

Any news on that patch? Here we are. 143 days out of date. Still using the GlobalConnect EPC port to avoid lockouts, wrong prices and other issues. I saw the notification in the online EPC regarding updates to come in the next few weeks. Hopefully the desktop version will function properly again (we have NOT since loading the last thumb drive!)
Denise Trimble

Postby Parts007 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:07 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:
Parts007 wrote:

Any news on that patch? Here we are. 143 days out of date. Still using the GlobalConnect EPC port to avoid lockouts, wrong prices and other issues. I saw the notification in the online EPC regarding updates to come in the next few weeks. Hopefully the desktop version will function properly again (we have NOT since loading the last thumb drive!)

Yeah the patch to fix all! NO i have not heard. The is a meeting today and that will definitely be a topic. My catalog shuts down on me 10 times a day, always while someone waiting.
Parts007

Postby PartsOnBackorder » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:04 pm

They also said a month ago that the email from the catalog would be fixed soon ............. they then told me it would be around June or July for that bug fix to be integrated.
PartsOnBackorder

Postby bentwrench54 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:35 pm

I finally gave up on the local catalog, and started using the Global EPC. No shutdowns yet, it's just slow as molasses.
bentwrench54

Postby Parts007 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:50 pm

Patch is in beta testing stage with 4 dealers. They are confident that is the fix. I am supposedly going to be dealer number 6 to get it. They say if testing keeps going good, they will start to release in May
Parts007

Postby Parts007 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:39 pm

Parts007 wrote:Patch is in beta testing stage with 4 dealers. They are confident that is the fix. I am supposedly going to be dealer number 6 to get it. They say if testing keeps going good, they will start to release in May

I just received an unofficial (anything from me is unofficial) word regarding the Snap On patch. The patch will be included on the May update that you will receive. It will correct the following: Qlink unable to update; Unable to email ;Shutting down and retries; the speed issue.
Parts007

Postby Parts007 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:04 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:
Parts007 wrote:

Denise, I 've been manually running the updates at night right when i leave. I've been staying up to date by doing that. Updates are put out every Wednesday.
Parts007

Postby JGROSS1978 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:11 pm

Perform Automatic Updates
Every Dayat
8:00 PM
Troubleshooting

This how mine is set.
JGROSS1978

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers