ADI fullfillment

ADI fullfillment

Postby Torgy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:27 pm

SOFAKING FED UP WITH GM ACCESSORIES/LPO'S!! :o

Our ADI is out of Des Moines, IA. When we place an online order to them and they accept the order on their side, it shows that the order is completed If you click on that order it will then show as it is shipped with a date and time. BUT...most of time with everything on a backorder the orders are not shipped. This have become very frustrating for us, so I called them yesterday to find out why this is happening. I was told that the orders show completed that this only meant that they opened the order and did something with it, either the parts were shipped, or they ordered them. I was told that they do have a place to put notes into the order to say that the parts are on LPO restriction, ordered, or backordered, but they are too busy to do this so they don't use this feature. I was also told that there should be a green, yellow, red to indicate stocking at the ADI, but that also is not being used or not set up 100%. This is 100% unacceptable for them and or GM not to be informing us dealers about the status of our orders It wastes so much of everyone's time, because Mr. customer wants to know where his accessories are, so Mr. parts guy has to call the ADI to see what is going on with the order...multiple times a day. No wonder why they " don't have time to input notes", if they input the notes, less phone calls to them = more time for them, that would make sense to me.

I was also told that the E-commerce orders will show shipped when that actually do ship...which is nice... for the 2 we have a month.

does anyone else's ADI's actually use their note fields?

my DPSM is fng clueless as to anything that has to do with the parts department. So he just says, "well that doesn't make sense, why wouldn't they use that feature, doesn't make sense to me"
Not... let me look into this and find out what's going on.

sorry just need to vent a little...
Torgy

Re: ADI fullfillment

Postby Parts007 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:38 pm

does anyone else's ADI's actually use their note fields?

NO ours does not. If there is an issue with an order (can't find; constraint) they will call. Otherwise I know if they have stock by looking at the locator and knowing in advance. I haven't been burned enough to be concerned with this. There are too many other things in the GM world to screw you that take precedence.
Parts007

Postby Torgy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:54 pm

yea we get no follow up calls on order in's, back orders, or LPO constraint's from them either.

This ADI tells me that they are going in the process of opening a new facility in the Minneapolis area this summer which we will the be serviced from on a lot of our accessory orders, but the LPO's will still be distributed from IA.

Hopefully there will be some better communications in this new facility.
Torgy

Postby olepartsguy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:10 pm

WELCOME TO THE NEW gm. Small Caps for small minds
olepartsguy

Postby bentwrench54 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:01 pm

I absolutely despise the E-commerce stuff along with LPO...

Sales dumps customer off who needs help getting their reward vouchers, down to the office wanting to know what this money is from that they got deposited.

Thankfully my office NOW started using ADS to see what orders are open, and email me asking for parts tickets or repair orders for these deposits.. That's only after I bitched to GM accessories wanting access to see the deposits. I gave the office the info and now they email me looking for parts tickets. It has made my life a little easier.

I still loathe babysitting this shit though.
bentwrench54

Postby 689is4me » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:01 pm

I am also serviced out of Iowa. Yup getting anything from them is a chore. There LPO shipping guy was out due to covid and they stop shipping all LPO's. We had to check the window sticker on every new vehicle and see if it had dealer installed accessories on them. We then had to email them that we were missing those LPO's and then they would finally ship them about a week later.

We also have problems getting the customer pay accessories. I found the best and easiest is to do a locate on the part and see if they have it stock. This is not always a guarantee though, I have seen when they a bunch instock but the part is on LPO constraints. I have never seen any notes or call backs from them.
689is4me

Postby CHUCKINPARTS » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:09 pm

I don’t understand this LPO red list constraint shit. Wheels were always in limited supply it seems but now its assist steps, tonneau covers, and now a friggin cargo mat. It can’t be for LPO’s because they are shutting assembly lines down or idling them because of this chip thing. These are the people that say trust RIM because we know how to run a supply chain and you should listen to us. What a joke!!!
CHUCKINPARTS

Postby X476 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:17 pm

With the fiasco to warranty most accessories and the outrageous prices, I find it easier to send them to to the local accessory retailer.
X476

Postby gmpartsguy147 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:12 pm

If it makes you guys feel better I was stuck dealing with, storing and distributing over 100k a month in LPO's shipped to me from the ADI as we were doing as many as 400 deliveries of new vehicles a month. Has anyone else noticed that all the GM steps were manufactured in the USA and now are all coming from China? I have over $30k in accessories in stock now because I was able to order them from GM though couldn't get from the ADI because of restrictions. Also all actual GM hard fold covers have been discontinued and replaced by the non GM covers that are almost impossible to warranty as it's always installed wrong
gmpartsguy147

Postby gmpartsguy147 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:31 pm

also for those of you trying to get a better and easier idea what a vehicle takes for LPO use the Accessory Information center in dealerworld as you can pull LPO reports daily of orders sent to the ADI and what has or hasn't been shipped. It's not full proof as we have had some vehicles that have been received and the order not sent to the ADI though that's a quick phone call to fix
gmpartsguy147

Next

Return to Parts Managers