Global Disconnect

Re: Global Disconnect

Postby memorial34 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:00 pm

Not even connecting now. Page unavailable. THANKS GM for getting on this. I'm sure they're not doing anything to expand server capability except booting everyone every 5-10 minutes. Great dealer support. :oops:
memorial34

Postby westside » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:14 pm

memorial34 wrote:Not even connecting now. Page unavailable. THANKS GM for getting on this. I'm sure they're not doing anything to expand server capability except booting everyone every 5-10 minutes. Great dealer support. :oops:

Maybe we should email Mary ( I did once got my ass jacked ) she should be able to get this piece of shit fixed... LOL!!
westside

Postby ScottParts » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:53 pm

westside wrote:Maybe we should email Mary ( I did once got my ass jacked ) she should be able to get this piece of shit fixed... LOL!!

I seriously thought about doing that several times over the years. But then I stop and think, "Would she even care?" No one else seems to....
ScottParts

Postby AlanHomes » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:05 pm

Cannot put a part on a SPAC case, two days now, system is down. No point in calling and sitting on hold for an hour. Had an answerback this morning that read STOCK IS COMING, in other words, leave us alone and quit calling.
AlanHomes

Postby PartsOnBackorder » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:26 pm

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX GLOBAL CONNECT LOGGING OUT & SEVERE SLOW ISSUES . WHILE YOUR AT IT BRING YOUR SELF INTO THE CURRENT YEAR AND FIX THE BROWSER COMPATIBILITY ISSUES !!!!!!!!!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
PartsOnBackorder

Postby AlanHomes » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:07 pm

I agree with the browser issues. Half of Global works in Chrome maybe a third in Edge and ALL works in IE.
AlanHomes

Postby westside » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:37 pm

I reached out to your DMA about the problems we are having, here is the response.
"I would reach out to the global connect help desk at 1-888-337-1010 and see if they can offer some assistance. I asked my Regional Service Manager and she said that she hadn't heard of any major disturbances" WHAT??? every GM dealer on this forum is complaing about this, and I called the help desk many times. I just don't know who else to call, this has to be fixed and fixed soon. I can't take it anymore. All my DMA is concerned about is GO TO MARKET.. FUCK GO TO MARKET... Fix the concernes we have, SPRINT PARTS, PARTS ON BACKORDER just to mention a few of crap we have to go through..

Thanks people for letting me vent!!!
westside

Postby Whatsyourvin » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:00 pm

AlanHomes wrote:Cannot put a part on a SPAC case, two days now, system is down. No point in calling and sitting on hold for an hour. Had an answerback this morning that read STOCK IS COMING, in other words, leave us alone and quit calling.

So it's not just me...I have tried upgrading multiple parts to SPAC and it just says the system is down...3 days in a row.
Whatsyourvin

Postby torgy123 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:59 pm

this system is so out dated, it needs a total overhaul on all aspects.

all functions need to be off from 1 platform, not some on IE and some on Google or Firefox

why can we pull a simple, simple, warranty parts scrap report, or better yet why can't we be emailed daily of what can be scrapped?

the claims system is joke

center of learning is as messed up as it has ever been

finding bulletins is nearly impossible

GM Tires central needs work.
torgy123

Postby olepartsguy » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:36 pm

torgy123.

It looks like you need a good process for warranty hold and scrap.

We have around 20 repair orders in our warranty bin if that. It is really easy. its so easy a 54 year old women parts driver can handle it.
Remember you can scrap in 15 days now or 5 for cores.

this is what we do : 1-tech puts old part in a container( we use a shopping cart someone pushed in front of the dealer)
2- 54 yr old driver grabs the shopping cart when it is full (once a week mostly)
3- before she puts the parts in the appropriate bins ( I HAVE THEM SETUP 1234567890) SO TEN SEPARATE CUBICLES OR SHELFS I ACTUALLY HAVE 3 SHELVES FOR EVERY NUMBER, 1 IS BIG ENOUGH FOR A TOTE THE OTHER 2 FOR BIGGER STUFF) SHE RECORDS THE REPAIR ORDER # ON A SPREAD SHEET(10 COLUMNS 20 ROWS LANDSCAPE VIEW)
4- WHEN SHE HAS A MINUTE WHEN SHE IS NOT DELIVERING SHE WILL TAKE THAT SPREAD SHEET AND LOGIN TO GLOBAl WARRANTY AND SEARCH THROUGH THE JOB CARDS.

5-IF IT IS ALL ACCEPTED SHE WILL SCRAP AFTER 20 DAYS(I GIVE EXTRA 5 DAYS)
6- IF THERE IS SOMETHING LEFT OVER AND ITS BEED THERE A FEW MONTHS SHE WILL INQUIRE AND THEN WE INVESTIGATE AND DETERMINE.

BY CREATING A SPREAD SHEET OF EVERYTHING COMING IS INSURANCE THAT THE PART WAS ACTUALLY TAKEN IN BY US.

HOPE THIS HELPS. IT DID HELP ME

SINCE DOING SO IF THE SERVICE DEPT HAS A WARRANTY RETURN AND IT WAS NOT RECORDED THEN THEY GET TO PAY FORTHE WHOLE CLAIM NOT A SPLIT
olepartsguy

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers