Part Warranty Question

Part Warranty Question

Postby bentwrench54 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:02 pm

I have a repair shop customer who purchased a part from another area dealer, and they had the part fail...

My customer does not deal with that dealer much now, and asked if I could handle the failed part warranty.

I've searched GM Global Connect and have not found a procedure on how to do this...

How do I warranty a part for my repair shop customer who bought that part from another dealer?
bentwrench54

Re: Part Warranty Question

Postby FixedManager » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:29 pm

It doesn't matter where the purchase was made as long as it was from a franchised dealership. Get the documentation from the customer and create a repair order so your warranty clerk can process it.
FixedManager

Postby bentwrench54 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:25 pm

FixedManager wrote:It doesn't matter where the purchase was made as long as it was from a franchised dealership. Get the documentation from the customer and create a repair order so your warranty clerk can process it.

Okay, so it has to be processed on a repair order? I knew there was something I was missing. I didn't know if there was a way to do it on a parts ticket or not.

Thank you.
bentwrench54

Postby Parts007 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:21 am

There actually is (was) a way do handle parts warranties with a parts invoice. We used to do it at a previous dealership. There needs to be a whole process, including labor code and fail code on the invoice for the warranty person to input. We handle parts warranties on an RO now and I thinks it’s easier. Again have a process. I created a worksheet for the parts counter person to gather all the relevant info prior to giving to service writer.
Parts007

Return to Parts Managers