Laser cut key machines

Re: Laser cut key machines

Postby bigmac » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:47 pm

We have the futura pro also. Had a motherboard that failed to communicate with the rest of the machine. Had to send it off to be repaired. Works great but have issues getting updates to load, WiFi not very strong back in the parts dept. If you order thru GM they offer one that only cuts Automobile keys that's about half the price of the pro that can cut house keys as well. They just don't advertise it.
bigmac

Postby stevejm71 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:06 pm

We ended up getting a Gymkana 994 about 3 weeks ago. So far so good.
stevejm71

Postby southaven1981 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:56 am

We had the older Futura NA and kept having problems with it going through cutting bits and at $50 to $100 for a bit. We have decided to retire it and went with the Pro-Source by Keyline which btw is a gymkanna in blue. Same OS Same Machine and parts. But I haven't figured out how to get updates for it. Since it is a relabeled Gymkanna with Pro-source instead the Gymkanna site doesn't recognize the machine serial number. But it is super user friendly. I liked the Futura but cutting bits every month was getting expensive.
southaven1981

Postby drapp » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:32 pm

I just heard back from MSC Direct, our current key machine supplier. They told me if we want to purchase a machine we have to purchase it from Snap-On GM Dealer Equipment. If we want to lease it they can lease it to us for just under $200 per month with a 36 month agreement.

What have you done? Purchase or Lease?

Did you purchase from someone other than GM Dealer Equipment?

The Machine they are offering is Pro-Source Key Machine. I know nothing about it other than the brochure they sent me.

How many of you kept the older side cut machine along with this new style machine?
drapp

Postby southaven1981 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:20 pm

drapp wrote:I just heard back from MSC Direct, our current key machine supplier. They told me if we want to purchase a machine we have to purchase it from Snap-On GM Dealer Equipment. If we want to lease it they can lease it to us for just under $200 per month with a 36 month agreement.

What have you done? Purchase or Lease?

Did you purchase from someone other than GM Dealer Equipment?

The Machine they are offering is Pro-Source Key Machine. I know nothing about it other than the brochure they sent me.

How many of you kept the older side cut machine along with this new style machine?

We actually bought our pro-source from the GM dealer equipment portal and it cuts both high security and side cut keys
southaven1981

Postby olepartsguy » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:17 pm

Will the PROSOURCE cut the new 21 Tahoe key?
olepartsguy

Postby southaven1981 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:50 pm

olepartsguy wrote:Will the PROSOURCE cut the new 21 Tahoe key?

Yes
southaven1981

Previous

Return to Parts Managers