New Honda APM warranty scrap

New Honda APM warranty scrap

Postby ghjohn » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:42 pm

Hello all.
Previous Toyota Parts guy for 35 years last 5 years as PM with UCS.
Two weeks ago I went to Honda and CDK as an assistant. Quite a learning curve. ( :
Is there a scrap report that's accessible on IN?
Is there a time frame that you use to scrap parts?
There is literally a large room filled with condensers and with much more concern fuel pumps.
In the past, for Toyota, I've kept a few campaign parts and would "retag" them if they were recalled.
According to the PM, they have recalled many condensers in the past and as much as 6 months later.
He says that his warranty clerk is slow on submission and Honda is slow on processing requests.

Reached out to Warranty and my DSPM but haven't heard anything yet.
Need help.

Thanks.

John
ghjohn

Re: New Honda APM warranty scrap

Postby HondaD » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:38 pm

Parts must be held on to for 30 days after the claim is paid. Fuel pumps can be scraped immediately, as can these axle recalls. I check my warranty parts on a weekly basis, when paid they go into one of the sides of the warranty room, on the 4th week that side of the room gets scraped and I just rotate which side of the room gets scraped. I haven't had a recycling request for a condenser in over a year.
HondaD

Postby mdishong » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:34 pm

We save a few of the popular recall parts (condensers) and scrap as they are done going forward (like you said). Like stated before axles & fuel pumps can be scrapped right away. No need to take up space (& save you on the fuel smell). The rest: my warranty clerk hands me a weekly PAID list. We wait the 30 days (FROM THE PAID DATE) & scrap those parts. I've never heard of a scrap list by Honda on the iN.
mdishong

Postby ghjohn » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:16 pm

You guys are awesome.
Thanks!!

Is there info on IN about the scrapping procedure?
I took a quick look but couldn't find anything.

Thanks again.

John
ghjohn

Postby HondaD » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:31 pm

parts bulletin A08-0005 Covers how to return warranty parts. List of all parts on the warranty recycling list can be found at Parts>Reman>Reman info> Warranty recycling product list
HondaD

Return to Parts Managers