Snap-On GM EPC

Snap-On GM EPC

Postby sasman44 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:23 pm

Hi All,
Anybody still having problems with the GM EPC getting updates? It will work fine for a while and then the updates fail and an error appears - "(129) Connection to SBS Q.link Download Service failed." If I restart that service in Windows it will work fine for a while until it happens again a few days later. Our IT guy completely rebuilt the server with and updated Windows Server OS, and a new install of the EPC. Still the same.
Any ideas?
Steve
sasman44

Re: Snap-On GM EPC

Postby olepartsguy » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:29 pm

I AM TIRED OF CALLING CRAP ON BUSINESS SOLUTIONS. I AM STILL HAVING PROBLEMS FOR 2 MONTHS NOW. THE EMAILING IS FIXED AND THE SUDDEN CRASHING IS FIXED, BUT NOT THE UPDATING. IT UPDATES GREAT WHEN THEY DO SOME STUFF IT TAKES ALL DAY, COME IN THE NEXT MORNING UPDATE RAN AND IS COMPLETE AND THEN I WAIT TILL THURSDAY(BECAUSE SOMEOME TOLD ME THEY DO THE UPDATES ON WEDNESDAY) TO SEE IF I CAN UPDATE , IT SHOWS THERE ARE UPDATES AVAILABLE AND THEN IT CRASHES. I AM NOT GIVING UP. I AM NOT GIVING UP UN THE SERVER BASED CATALOG.

SOMETIMES I GET A ERROR WHEN TRYING TO LOOK UP PARTS " AN ERROR OCCURED WHILE ATTEMPTING TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE APPLICATION SERVER. PLEASE WAIT WHILE ANOTHER REQUEST IS ATTEMPTED."

800-656-4772 SUPPORT . EMBEDDED IN MY MEMORY
olepartsguy

Postby Fixed Ops Mgr » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:08 am

We had all of the same issues that you are describing and nobody could ever come up with a fix. I was a die hard fan of the Snap ON server based catalog and swore that I would never give it up but at the beginning of this year after dealing with all of my frustration not to mention my parts counterman's frustration, I decided to switch over to the internet based catalog found in GMGlobalcoonect and for my team and myself it was the best decision that we could have made. We have had zero issues with this catalog now and we are no longer losing the productivity in our dept waiting for the Snap On server issue one right after the other to get figured out. No wasted time calling their support dept getting the excuses that just don't make any sense and no more down time waiting for the catalog to come back into working order.
It may be worth considering the GMGlobalconnect internet based version provided that you have a good solid internet connection with good speed. We have 1 gig download and 1 gig upload speeds at our store and it is fast enough for most users and that allows are catalog to run properly. We have also not noticed the catalog crash when GMGlobalconnect is having all of it's issues...the catalog keeps working.
Fixed Ops Mgr

Postby ScottParts » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:34 pm

Came in this morning to it being totally down. The fun never ends around here! :roll:
ScottParts

Postby Denise Trimble » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:51 pm

Just like FixedOpsMgr, I use the cat link from GlobalConnect. I found out that is more likely to match the folks at ParTech when trying to specify information, than the desktop version, when I showed two transmissions and he showed three!
Denise Trimble

Postby bsnyder723 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:07 pm

To all of you who are using the Global Connect catalog, do you still need to purchase licensing? Or is it included with the dealership agreement? Like all of you, I'm paying an arm and 1/2 a leg to SnapOn for their crappy product and would love to save my department and the dealership some money if possible.
bsnyder723

Postby olepartsguy » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:05 pm

NOTHING IS FREE ABOUT THE DEALERSHIP AGREEMENT. I PAY $690 A MONTH FOR 5 LICENSES
olepartsguy

Postby PartScott » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:45 pm

bsnyder723 wrote:To all of you who are using the Global Connect catalog, do you still need to purchase licensing? Or is it included with the dealership agreement? Like all of you, I'm paying an arm and 1/2 a leg to SnapOn for their crappy product and would love to save my department and the dealership some money if possible.

Yeah, you still have to give Crap-On their cut. No license, no catalog.
PartScott

Postby southaven1981 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:00 pm

Just loaded the August update … the only major difference I see is more new graphics. Must have been a lot of back end updates to the software itself.
southaven1981

Postby olepartsguy » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:55 pm

LOADED AUGUST UPDATE ON FRIDAY. 2 CALLS LATER FINALLY FINISHED
olepartsguy

Next

Return to Parts Managers