sprints

Re: sprints

Postby bentwrench54 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:46 pm

I can't get any requests to show up in D2D.

D2D says it's a problem with GM.

GM says it's a problem with D2D.
bentwrench54

Postby ehiatt » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:16 pm

PicnicTable wrote:
PartScott wrote:Yeah, I don't see that it's a pain at all. Agree to the sale on D2D, create the shipping label in D2D by entering package dimensions and weight, print the label and attach it to the package and aside from pulling, packing and billing it, that's really all there is to it.

Exactly. It's not an issue at all to SPRINT stuff. We've done over $50,000 in SPRINT this year. Best part is there are no returns. Just avoid Canada for the obvious hassles.

We have a shipping department, so even Canada is not a problem. Hazmat too. We do between $40,000 -50,000 a month, did $60,000 in May.
It has it's problems, but, in general, it's easy money.
ehiatt

Postby Whatsyourvin » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:21 pm

As a Canadian dealer, we appreciate all the US dealers who send stuff our way!!!! Wish we could reciprocate but we can't see / accept US SPAC cases.

The new direct express or express direct or whatever it's called seems to have been rolled out without telling anyone. Nearly everyone I talk to at other dealers have no clue what it is / where it is / how to use it. I tried entering the selling dealer's dealer code the other day...actually twice, and they couldn't find it on their end. Didn't help there was a language barrier (English, French, and the broken English of SPAC agents) so I ended up buying the part outright to get my customer on the road.

I have an email contact at GM SPAC, he isn't really supposed to help me out but from time to time does me some favours. He sent me some documentation on the new system as it was literally rolled out without showing anyone how to use it.
Whatsyourvin

Postby westside » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:17 pm

bentwrench54 wrote:I can't get any requests to show up in D2D.

We had that problem, What I did I changed our cut off time... Go to D2D express on the left side click on D2D express settings it will say I WANT TO … pull down change cut off time.. I changed mine to 6:00 pm that seem to help. Because if your past your cut off time you wont get the request... Hope that helps..
westside

Postby PicnicTable » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:56 pm

918PartsMgr wrote:Never really had an issue, it's helped me move some oldball stuff at this new store I'm at.

Even done accouple Canada dealer stuff with no problems.

What is involved selling to Canada ? I've never tried. Thanks.
PicnicTable

Postby bentwrench54 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:43 pm

westside wrote:
bentwrench54 wrote:I can't get any requests to show up in D2D.

We had that problem, What I did I changed our cut off time... Go to D2D express on the left side click on D2D express settings it will say I WANT TO … pull down change cut off time.. I changed mine to 6:00 pm that seem to help. Because if your past your cut off time you wont get the request... Hope that helps..

it doesn't allow me to do that. looks like i need to call oec again.
bentwrench54

Postby bigmac » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:06 pm

We have a SPAC case on a torque converter 19419373, After a lot of calls we found a dealer willing to sprint. Problem was, as of Monday at 11:00, it showed it was still searching for the second time. We waited all day and it still showed it was searching. Tuesday it was still showing the same thing. Tuesday afternoon we called SPAC and the agent says it should stop searching in an hour or two. This morning it's still searching. We called SPAC again and was told this part is not available to Sprint or d2d express. First why does it allow a SPAC case if it cannot be sprinted? Second why couldn't the first agent tell us this? Third is there anyone at GM that cares about their customers getting back on the road?
bigmac

Postby CHUCKINPARTS » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:56 am

bigmac wrote:We have a SPAC case on a torque converter 19419373, After a lot of calls we found a dealer willing to sprint. Problem was, as of Monday at 11:00, it showed it was still searching for the second time. We waited all day and it still showed it was searching. Tuesday it was still showing the same thing. Tuesday afternoon we called SPAC and the agent says it should stop searching in an hour or two. This morning it's still searching. We called SPAC again and was told this part is not available to Sprint or d2d express. First why does it allow a SPAC case if it cannot be sprinted? Second why couldn't the first agent tell us this? Third is there anyone at GM that cares about their customers getting back on the road?

Because they said so...….now shut up and obey! lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry but at this time all you can do is laugh at these morons......
CHUCKINPARTS

Postby last8please » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:50 pm

bigmac wrote:We have a SPAC case on a torque converter 19419373, After a lot of calls we found a dealer willing to sprint. Problem was, as of Monday at 11:00, it showed it was still searching for the second time. We waited all day and it still showed it was searching. Tuesday it was still showing the same thing. Tuesday afternoon we called SPAC and the agent says it should stop searching in an hour or two. This morning it's still searching. We called SPAC again and was told this part is not available to Sprint or d2d express. First why does it allow a SPAC case if it cannot be sprinted? Second why couldn't the first agent tell us this? Third is there anyone at GM that cares about their customers getting back on the road?

this as happened a few times to me also.... what I have done is called back and got a different SPAC advisor that was willing to sprint. stunning that some are willing to work with you and some flat out will not.
last8please

Postby mattydoop77 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:44 pm

The interface is clunky, have not ironed out trying to process Sprints. We don't seem to see the requests. Using Internet Explorer as required upon the rollout. I also am having very little success getting other dealers to process sprints to us.
mattydoop77

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers