DPAC

DPAC

Postby Whiner » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:21 pm

As you likely know SPAC is well on the way to being renamed DPAC.

Do you see DPAC as another step where GM is pushing more and more work to the dealerships? Or do you see DPAC as a help to dealers?
Whiner

Re: DPAC

Postby CHUCKINPARTS » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:54 pm

It is never to the benefit of the Dealer or end customer no matter what they say. Someone name me one enhancement that GM has shoved down our throats that has been to our benefit. Some are not so bad but bad none the less. It’s always been left up to us to find work arounds to these enhancements. I find some comfort in the fact it must piss them off when we find ways around their shit. Even though we find ways to deal with it….. it still sucks!!!
CHUCKINPARTS

Postby Denise Trimble » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:24 pm

I guess "Service" was too much to live up to in a name? Next may be DPRINT and GMDPO? POOP by any other name still stinks. Things they've listed as improvements should already be protocol. Take some real action for heaven's sake! :roll:
Denise Trimble

Postby bluepart » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:06 pm

Even if GM was going to be on the helpful side of things, I have not seen in some areas, where they put anybody in place that can help us. If there is such a person they are not there long.
bluepart

Postby olepartsguy » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:14 pm

no escalation? they don't have enough people in India to do that job anymore?
does not surprise me . spoke to SPAC today and had to hear a whining child in the background.

REALLY PROFESSIONAL
olepartsguy

Postby bsnyder723 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:21 pm

olepartsguy wrote:no escalation? they don't have enough people in India to do that job anymore?
does not surprise me . spoke to SPAC today and had to hear a whining child in the background.

REALLY PROFESSIONAL

I've heard dogs barking, children crying... my favorite is when they have you on speaker, and it sounds like they are talking into a tin can. And the chat feature isn't much better, but at least I don't have to worry about not understand them because of the terrible accents!!
bsnyder723

Postby camaroman » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:57 pm

Gotta love that great GM feeling. I have a computer on order since mid July, we were told there were pieces at a processing facility on August 25th and would be at a shipping facility on August 30th. Supposedly we would receive the part the week of September 3rd. That came and went, I called SPAC and they said there were not enough pieces to fill our order. Thanks for string us along. I proceed to send an email to my DMA's boss since he was on vacation. See the below response I received from her.

Hello…I just spoke with your team and I was informed you have the day off….Lucky you!!!

Thank you for the additional information…Since this vehicle is out of warranty, you are able to explore an aftermarket part. If you decide to go this route, please make sure the customer is fully aware that an aftermarket part is being used.

In addition, have you tried AutoZone or Advance Auto Parts. After doing a quick search, the ACDelco part appears to be available on Advance Auto Part website.

I communicated all this info to your team. I also asked them to call me with any questions. If you have any questions when you return to work on Monday, please let me know.

Contrary to what they said Advance does not have the part available. What a way to do business.
camaroman

Return to Parts Managers