GM TOE LINK RECALL

Re: GM TOE LINK RECALL

Postby CHUCKINPARTS » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:33 pm

Anyone know where these link kits are at? I haven’t seen any in almost two weeks and they keep calling to schedule for the recall. The list is starting to build. Please don’t tell me they have found something wrong with the new ones………….You are not going to pound a bunch of these out in an afternoon because of the alignment that goes with the repair. It will take some time to get people through the schedule and all the while people wait for the parts. Every day we get 4 or 5 calling in.
CHUCKINPARTS

Postby Parts007 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:35 pm

Be aware, one of my 85532060 link kits was missing one link. Kit was still heavy as it had one link and a large bag of hardware. Quality assurance at the packing facility! NOthing like getting screwed on parts you can't get
Parts007

Postby C8RFAN » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:47 pm

Parts007 wrote:Be aware, one of my 85532060 link kits was missing one link. Kit was still heavy as it had one link and a large bag of hardware. Quality assurance at the packing facility! NOthing like getting screwed on parts you can't get

Thanks for the heads up, checking the few sets I have now

CHUCKINPARTS wrote:Anyone know where these link kits are at? I haven’t seen any in almost two weeks and they keep calling to schedule for the recall. The list is starting to build. Please don’t tell me they have found something wrong with the new ones………….You are not going to pound a bunch of these out in an afternoon because of the alignment that goes with the repair. It will take some time to get people through the schedule and all the while people wait for the parts. Every day we get 4 or 5 calling in.

We have been getting 1-2 sets a day (that were all spac'd), so theyre slowly trickling in
C8RFAN

Postby Parts007 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:14 pm

Instead of opening each box, I weighed my remaining inventory of link kits.

Missing link kit weight: 3.5lbs

Complete link kit: 5.25lbs.
Parts007

Postby C8RFAN » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:22 pm

THATS GENIOUS!
C8RFAN

Postby Whiner » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:37 pm

CHUCKINPARTS wrote:Anyone know where these link kits are at? I haven’t seen any in almost two weeks and they keep calling to schedule for the recall. The list is starting to build. Please don’t tell me they have found something wrong with the new ones………….You are not going to pound a bunch of these out in an afternoon because of the alignment that goes with the repair. It will take some time to get people through the schedule and all the while people wait for the parts. Every day we get 4 or 5 calling in.

Don't even try to schedule several of these for one afternoon. We have done a few now and there is no way to tell if the bolts are going to come out. If stuck these things are a pain to get (pound) the bolts out. Bulletin even allows for a procedure to claim the additional time - assuming all hoops are jumped through properly.
Whiner

Postby CHUCKINPARTS » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:47 pm

Here we are on Oct 20 and still have only received a handful since Sep. I have orders dating back to Aug on these things. People are starting to ask WTF...……………. I was told not to SPAC them but it sounds like some of you are. My rep says it is a first come first serve and a SPAC wouldn't do much good. Anyone heard anything or have different results than me?????
CHUCKINPARTS

Postby Fixed Ops Mgr » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:19 pm

CHUCKINPARTS wrote:Here we are on Oct 20 and still have only received a handful since Sep. I have orders dating back to Aug on these things. People are starting to ask WTF...……………. I was told not to SPAC them but it sounds like some of you are. My rep says it is a first come first serve and a SPAC wouldn't do much good. Anyone heard anything or have different results than me?????

I have been creating a SPAC case on each one of these that I have ordered and so far I have been getting them successfully. It takes about 3-4 days after I place the order to receive the links but I have not had any issues getting them in. We have received 38 pieces so far.
Fixed Ops Mgr

Postby C8RFAN » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:13 pm

CHUCKINPARTS wrote:Here we are on Oct 20 and still have only received a handful since Sep. I have orders dating back to Aug on these things. People are starting to ask WTF...……………. I was told not to SPAC them but it sounds like some of you are. My rep says it is a first come first serve and a SPAC wouldn't do much good. Anyone heard anything or have different results than me?????

Spac'ing them is the only reason we have gotten what we have...
C8RFAN

Postby LOWAIRD1964 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:45 pm

Did anyone else notice there are 2 toe link recalls. We starting ordering these at the end of summer under #N202308930. While running a customer vin this past week # I noticed a new recall # N212330130
Same type of vehicle but this one says the "incomplete remedy not avail"
LOWAIRD1964

Previous

Return to Parts Managers