Chrysler Sources and Pricing

Chrysler Sources and Pricing

Postby Chevyspd » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:38 pm

PM peeps...I have a few questions. First off, we are on Reynolds DMS. I am pretty new to this and am trying to wrap my head around pricing and sources. This store has never had a price matrix, but I want to implement one. Currently, I understand that pricing is setup per source. There are 99 sources in our store, and about 1/3 of them have parts in them. Few questions...and if any advice, laymans terms would be much appreciated. I have spoken with Reynolds a little already. A.) How does Chrysler determine what parts go into what sources when new pieces come in on ARO? 2.) It is my understanding that when we run the parts master update every month, the system then moves parts to other sources based on sales history. How does the parts master determine what sources to move said parts to? C.) If I move parts around in these sources, how do I know that the parts master won't move them to a different source that I may not have set up a matrix in. I am sure I will have more questions soon enough lol.
Chevyspd

Re: Chrysler Sources and Pricing

Postby yosvany » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:59 pm

I am on cdk but that question interests me too! in cdk I think the parts stay at whatever source you give them, but I am curious to know what source Chryslers originally assigns to the parts.
yosvany

Postby Stevenspeaking » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:51 pm

These topics can have books written about setting things up to match your management style. I will try to start with basics and we can expand from there.

Sources how I view them:
Chrysler does not get into pushing sources into the DMS. When parts are added to most DMS systems it will be put into your default source if one is not assigned to it by you or your counterperson. Sources can be designed to have special rules apply for multiple reasons. Menu items, seasonal, fast movers, sell down, etc. Each source can be set to phase in/out parts to other sources based on sales criteria that you set. The sources pre ARO would be what you would build stock orders and returns from. Another thing you can do with sources is set what updates from the price tape. Note: Where Mopar excludes some parts from ARO doing this could help you see what you should stock order manually.

Matrix how it can be used.
Now that you have the parts in their source of your choosing you can create special pricing. Source "X" you put brake pads in for menu pricing. You should be able to set "X" to update cost only and leave list at what you have set it to saving you from having to "fix" them each month. To me this is second to setting a third price (trade or other) and using pay types and customer price levels to dictate the sale price. Again your management style and how much time you have to invest in the setup of all this.
You can also have source "X" create a sale price based (#s out of thin air for example purposes) on cost plus $.01-$3.00 will sell at cost+300% - $3.01-$15.00 = cost+150% - $15.01-$100.00=cost+100% - 100.01-$30000.00 = list. How many levels are up to you. Each source can have different matrix based on the customer price level. This is helpful for wholesale dealers.

If you really plan on digging into this I'm sure dealersedge has a course on it. Other that that I will try to answer what I can. My playground was in CDK.
sbrittain@mcgovernauto dot com
Stevenspeaking

Postby Stevenspeaking » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:20 pm

I should have read your question better before responding earlier. So I will try again.

It is my understanding that when we run the parts master update every month, the system then moves parts to other sources based on sales history.
This is correct. The sales settings will be in each source to determine when it will move to the next source. In theory as sales drop it moves to a source that will not be recommended when you run a manual stock order. ARO is similar to this But ARO looks at weekly criteria vs. monthly numbers when deciding to increase/decrease levels.

How does the parts master determine what sources to move said parts to?
The parts master with Chrysler should not move parts within your source structure.
sbrittain@mcgovernauto dot com
Stevenspeaking

Postby Thirdmoon » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:26 pm

Stevenspeaking wrote:I should have read your question better before responding earlier. So I will try again.

It is my understanding that when we run the parts master update every month, the system then moves parts to other sources based on sales history.
This is correct. The sales settings will be in each source to determine when it will move to the next source. In theory as sales drop it moves to a source that will not be recommended when you run a manual stock order. ARO is similar to this But ARO looks at weekly criteria vs. monthly numbers when deciding to increase/decrease levels.

How does the parts master determine what sources to move said parts to?
The parts master with Chrysler should not move parts within your source structure.

Does USA Chrysler dealers have the annual purchase discount program? We have parts assigned to specific sources against what parts fall into these programs so we are aware of what to keep track for promo order.
Thirdmoon

Postby Chevyspd » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:30 pm

I appreciate the reply, even though I am just now getting to it. I really need to find the time to mess with it all some more. I want to be able to manipulate the system, but I don't want to cause any adverse effects. I would like to keep it as simple as possible, because I do not have excessive amounts of time to throw at it. I would like to be able to set it and not have to worry about it for a while. Currently, it just looks like a huge mess lol. And now with wiadvisor rolling in, it will make time even more fleeting lol.
Chevyspd

Return to Parts Managers