Upgrading Backorders? GM

Upgrading Backorders? GM

Postby partsman1610 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:47 pm

I am a new manager in a GM dealership and I am sure I have a lot to learn!
Wondering how you handle RIM and CSO back orders? Should I be checking the backorder report in global daily?
Upgrade DRO to CSO/VIP? SPAC cases on all back ordered CSO?
Any input will be helpful
Thanks!
partsman1610

Re: Upgrading Backorders? GM

Postby westside » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:02 pm

partsman1610 wrote:I am a new manager in a GM dealership and I am sure I have a lot to learn!
Wondering how you handle RIM and CSO back orders? Should I be checking the backorder report in global daily?
Thanks!

These days I upgrade all RIM backorders. All CSO orders I put spac cases on them. And yes check your backorder report daily, I do that the first thing in the morning. Also the Rim orders that GM dont have I order the part on CSO and put a spac case on it. Welcome to the world of GM parts manager ( you will find it sucks )
westside

Postby C8RFAN » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm

westside wrote:
partsman1610 wrote:I am a new manager in a GM dealership and I am sure I have a lot to learn!
Thanks!

These days I upgrade all RIM backorders. All CSO orders I put spac cases on them. And yes check your backorder report daily, I do that the first thing in the morning. Also the Rim orders that GM dont have I order the part on CSO and put a spac case on it. Welcome to the world of GM parts manager ( you will find it sucks )

Can you quickly explain how to upgrade RIM backorders? I was not aware that was possible!
C8RFAN

Postby westside » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:55 pm

C8RFAN wrote:
westside wrote:
Thanks!

Can you quickly explain how to upgrade RIM backorders? I was not aware that was possible!

Sure, Go into the backorder report on the left side there is a box click on that box and you will see the upgrade to cso box light up click on the box and you will see that it's been upgraded.. Hope that helps..
westside

Postby C8RFAN » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:40 pm

Got it now!

Thank you :D
C8RFAN

Postby bsnyder723 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:19 pm

Can you quickly explain how to upgrade RIM backorders? I was not aware that was possible![/quote]
Sure, Go into the backorder report on the left side there is a box click on that box and you will see the upgrade to cso box light up click on the box and you will see that it's been upgraded.. Hope that helps..[/quote]

I find it easier to go to EPIC and in the left hand column click on "Backorder Status"... put the RIM order number in there and it will list all the B/O parts.... check off all the boxes and click Upgrade to CSO button. Boom, all B/O's are now upgraded to CSO
bsnyder723

Return to Parts Managers