HD Silverado towing mirros

HD Silverado towing mirros

Postby torgy123 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:04 pm

we have a customer with a 2021 2500HD that has DBG towing mirrors on his vehicle and wants to put on the smaller DLN mirrors.
Has anyone done this, do you have to change wire harnesses like you do when going the other way from DLN to the larger mirrors, and what about programming?
torgy123

Re: HD Silverado towing mirros

Postby Parts007 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:02 pm

I would carefully turn off the lights and slowly tip-tow out of the room.

But on a serious note: Can you find a VIN to a DLN mirror truck? If so, try to add accessory tow mirrors to it..... do you need to change the harness? This might be your answer (in reverse).

As far as what else it will need... you may not know until you get there (including programming or if it will even program!) It could possibly turn into a dead end.

If all else fails, revert to my first sentence.
Parts007

Postby joecool17 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:21 pm

Over the years, I have said this time and time again. Buy the vehicle with the options that you want, PERIOD! It is always easy for a salesman to sit there and say "Oh yeah, we could totally swap those out for you!" But nobody researches it until the customer has signed and taken delivery. Then it's a shock that it can't be done. If it is not available as an accessory addition, you can't do it. The same thing has happened here with the mirror issue. We had a customer take a set off of his totalled out truck and swap them to his newer one. Then brought it to our service department complaining that none of the functions worked. After being told he needed a completely different set of mirrors, harnesses, programming, etc. He lived with them being what it was. Never have I heard of anyone doing it in reverse. Sounds like a lot of pain and heartache. Especially, when one of the twenty different functions doesn't work. The chances of this situation blowing up in your face is great. I would just simply say no, it can't be done. Good luck!
joecool17

Postby olepartsguy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:51 pm

MY RESPONSE : GM DOES NOT SUPPORT CHANGING YOUR VEHICLE. UNLESS YOU ARE ADDING A GM ACCESSORY OUR CATALOGS AND PARTS DIVISION DOES NOT HAVE THAT INFO.
olepartsguy

Postby PicnicTable » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:57 pm

I had a guy buy a 1500 AT4,and get all bent because he can't add trailer mirrors. He didn't believe what I was saying,I had to print out the bulletin,saying you can only add trailer mirrors if you have DLF mirrors.
PicnicTable

Postby AlanHomes » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:38 am

But.......I saw on You Tube where this was done, all the trucks are the same. Yeah, right.
AlanHomes

Postby Denise Trimble » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:44 pm

Do you have an e-mail I can send information to for your tech?
Denise Trimble

Postby olepartsguy » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:18 pm

F___ You tube. if the customer says he saw it on a You tube video then make them responsible (they are stuck with it) if it does not fit or work. if you communicate this to the customer and you are stuck with it. then you are a pussy. just because you can potentially make good money on the sale doesn't mean you should be stuck with it if a customer buys it.
olepartsguy

Postby torgy123 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:53 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:Do you have an e-mail I can send information to for your tech?

gtorgerson @ dondelingerauto com
torgy123

Postby Tbizkit » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:17 pm

Part Numbers provided by the customer, no vin, or forum mechanics parts are non returnable, and all SPORDs are to be fully prepaid. I have a sign at the front counter stating that plus the parts department is not responsible to longer wait times for parts due to manufacture supply chain issues and I put the GM customer care number on it.

Let GM deal with the mess they made.
Tbizkit

Return to Parts Managers