*Dealertrack* wholesale pay type

*Dealertrack* wholesale pay type

Postby Benjaminhanak » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:09 pm

Is there a way to add a new pay type to dealertrack? We currently use W=warranty S= service contract I=internal and C=customer pay. I am asking for a wholesale pay type due to the large number of fleet business (police chargers) that we do. They are currently being written as customer pay and dragging my GP% down for customer pay RO's. Any help with this would be great. Also, I am a parts manager and do not have access to the service application environment.
Benjaminhanak

Re: *Dealertrack* wholesale pay type

Postby olepartsguy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:44 pm

DEALERCRAP MUST NOT HAVE A GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.
olepartsguy

Postby Fixed Ops Mgr » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:11 pm

Benjaminhanak wrote:Is there a way to add a new pay type to dealertrack? We currently use W=warranty S= service contract I=internal and C=customer pay. I am asking for a wholesale pay type due to the large number of fleet business (police chargers) that we do. They are currently being written as customer pay and dragging my GP% down for customer pay RO's. Any help with this would be great. Also, I am a parts manager and do not have access to the service application environment.

I would get with someone in service like the service manager who can access service application environment and create a new pay type account for your wholesale fleet customers. Have that person setup a pay type called "fleet" or "wholesale" in the service types which can be added, then after the new pay type is setup you can add the accounts which you want those RO's to effect like 483 and 683 which would be your wholesale accounts.
Fixed Ops Mgr

Postby AlanHomes » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:21 pm

Is this for across the counter customers (retail/wholesale customers that walk in/call in orders via telephone) or vehicles that come in for service?
AlanHomes

Postby Benjaminhanak » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:10 pm

I am speaking about Wholesale repair orders. My service manager seems to not know how this is done. I need his help and am getting road blocks
Benjaminhanak

Postby westside » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:54 pm

Benjaminhanak wrote:I am speaking about Wholesale repair orders. My service manager seems to not know how this is done. I need his help and am getting road blocks

Try DMS 360 there should be an article on that... THEN AGAIN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DEALERTRACK … LOL
westside

Postby olepartsguy » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:09 pm

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH ? HERE IS MY SCENARIO. I HAVE PARTS WHOLESALE CUSTOMERS THAT BRING IN THERE VEHICLES FOR PROGRAMMING OR THEY ARE JUST TO STUPID TO FIX THEMSELVES. SO NO LABOR DISCOUNTS. PARTS DISCOUNTS ARE A LOT LESS THEN OVER THE COUNTER. WHEN I SELL AT A HUGE DISCOUNT OVER THE COUNTER ITS BECAUSE MY CUSTOMER IS GETTING A DISCOUNT SO THEY CAN MAKE A PROFIT WITH THERE CUSTOMER. IF THEY CANT FIX IT THEMSELVES THEN THEY GET LESS DISCOUNT.
AND THIS NOT A SHOP THAT YOU CAN BRING YOUR OWN PARTS TO EVEN WHOLESALE CUSTOMERS. SO THE DISCOUNT IS DIFFERENT BY CUSTOMER. CDK HAS A FEATURE THAT I CAN DISCOUNT DIFFERENTLY, OVER THE COUNTER SALES OR SERVICE SALES
olepartsguy

Return to Parts Managers