Bolt EV Charger P/N 85163382

Bolt EV Charger P/N 85163382

Postby drapp » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:50 pm

Have any of you GM EV dealers received part number 85163382 - WITHOUT ordering it?

We were shipped one of this part number and have no idea why or who it is for. Our DMA has no idea why we received it. Packing slip is only on EPIC and it does not contain anything that would indicate what we are supposed to do with it. We have had this thing for a week now and no one has called or contacted us.

YES, we did get invoiced for the charger.
drapp

Re: Bolt EV Charger P/N 85163382

Postby joecool17 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:28 pm

Yes, It is probably a pre-shipment for a recall for something that is in your new or used dealer inventory. However, there is no communication from GM on what the hell we're supposed to do with it. I went through all the channels I could, and came up empty handed. I'll just sit here and patiently wait for now I guess!
joecool17

Postby drapp » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:37 pm

joecool17 wrote:Yes, It is probably a pre-shipment for a recall for something that is in your new or used dealer inventory. However, there is no communication from GM on what the hell we're supposed to do with it. I went through all the channels I could, and came up empty handed. I'll just sit here and patiently wait for now I guess!

Same as you, we went through all the channels. DMA knows nothing of it. DPAC / SPAC knows nothing of it, except to say it was preshipped.

Just another program where the dealers are the last to know but the only ones who actually have to do it.
drapp

Postby olepartsguy » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:10 pm

Wow. I just received a email from my DSM about it. before I received it. That is unusual to get info before hand. He probably read the forum and then sent it out.
Thanks Jay
olepartsguy

Postby bentwrench54 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:42 pm

olepartsguy wrote:Wow. I just received a email from my DSM about it. before I received it. That is unusual to get info before hand. He probably read the forum and then sent it out.
Thanks Jay

Would you be willing to share that DSM email?

I talked to a couple other local dealers and all had no clue.

So I called 051 and was told their notes instruct them to tell us to call our DMA.

So I call my backup DMA cause my regular guy is on sick leave.

I send him a text message. He asks me to email him the part number and SPAC number.

I email him the Part number and explain that there's no SPAC case, GM just shipped it to me.

I'm still waiting for my answer.
bentwrench54

Postby Ichabod Farquar » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:24 am

olepartsguy wrote:Wow. I just received a email from my DSM about it. before I received it. That is unusual to get info before hand. He probably read the forum and then sent it out.
Thanks Jay

If you would be willing to post whatever information you received in that email I would appreciate it. If not, I understand.
Ichabod Farquar

Postby olepartsguy » Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:54 pm

THIS IS WHAT MY DSM RECEIVED:

Hi Team,

You may be receiving questions on the following from certain Chevrolet dealerships.

The following was provided by the CCA Order Writing team:

“Chevrolet is pleased to announce initial availability of the Dual Level Charge Cord for the Bolt EV. This charge cord provides both Level 1 120V and Level 2 240V charging capability in one unit. It comes as standard equipment with the 2022 Bolt EUV, but Chevrolet is now making it available for purchase to Bolt EV owners as well. This cord is compatible with all model years of Chevrolet Bolt EV, as well as all model years of the Chevrolet Volt. This kit will include the Dual Level Charge Cord as well as two interchangeable wall plugs (a Level 1 120V plug, and a Level 2 NEMA 14-50 240V plug). For more information on the Dual Level Charge Cord, please see https://wwwDOTchevroletDOTcom/electric/ ... e-charging

An initial supply of the Dual Level Charge Cord kit, part 85163382, will be pre-shipped to dealers based on 2022 Bolt EV sales and inventory. This pre-shipment is scheduled to begin the week of December 6, 2021. All orders placed prior to, during, or after the pre-ship will be cancelled. This part will not be stocked and sold through the ADI network. We will continue to monitor supply and demand and provide an updated communication on additional availability before the end of this year. “
olepartsguy

Return to Parts Managers