CDK DIRTY CORE REMOVAL

CDK DIRTY CORE REMOVAL

Postby sizerman » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:26 pm

I'm very new to CDK and I'm trying to figure out how to remove dirty cores from inventory after i get credited from GM. Thanks for any help
sizerman

Re: CDK DIRTY CORE REMOVAL

Postby bsnyder723 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:23 pm

sizerman wrote:I'm very new to CDK and I'm trying to figure out how to remove dirty cores from inventory after i get credited from GM. Thanks for any help

Do you have core tracking turned on?
bsnyder723

Postby sizerman » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:51 pm

Yes it is on
sizerman

Postby ehiatt » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:40 pm

sizerman wrote:Yes it is on

Just wondering, how is it?
I have been told be different people is the most evil, vile software ever created, and could not be turned off once it's on. Unbelievably, according to the manual, that is true. So I can't just try it.
ehiatt

Postby bsnyder723 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:06 pm

Just wondering, how is it?
I have been told be different people is the most evil, vile software ever created, and could not be turned off once it's on. Unbelievably, according to the manual, that is true. So I can't just try it.[/quote]

I used it a while ago, and once you got use to it, it wasn't that horrible.... problem is, I can't find it on my dashboard where I'm at know. I remember that it's in the Fast Lane tab. But like I said, it's been a while.
bsnyder723

Postby B964 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:29 pm

Function VRTN is were you build core return.
Click "update" , "N" for new return. Select vendor you are returning core to.

It's not a great system. Very quirky, but it does work with some effort and learning. Getting vendors set up is strange. If you only have one vendor say like GM life is better.

Function RDCI will give a report of dirty cores on hand. You can set up that report to display information better than the canned CDK report.

CDK core tracking is something that can not be explained easily. You almost have to live and learn or have someone sit down with you and go over it.
B964

Postby sizerman » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:08 pm

B964 so I sent some converters back the other day. Do I use those part numbers to start the new return? Then what go to the shipping tab and then to the delete tab? Thanks for any help
sizerman

Postby B964 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:55 pm

VRTN .... click update and enter "N" for new return and system will assign a return number. You could also just enter whatever reference number you want to use.

Select your vendor to return to or hit F5 to manually enter core part numbers to build the return.

Finalize it and enter shipping info if needed and process the return. When you get credit function VCRD, find the return, enter ref # and date and dollar amount.

Again it is hard to do step by step with being right there. I tried sharing screens with one of my other stores and even then it was hard. Any pop up windows would not share and just made him more confused.
B964

Return to Parts Managers