[help] returning job search after 3+ years

[help] returning job search after 3+ years

Postby Pookie » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:46 pm

Hello! I have worked as a warranty administrator in the past, and looking back I can I can admit I was not very good. The technical aspect was not a challenge for me. For example: navigating my way through the software, learning the software, everything to do with the tech side came easy. However, being honest with my self now-- I did not know very much about cars. And it really held me back looking back now... I want to give it another shot because I believe this job can be rewarding if you're good at it.

I came here to ask for recommendations on books where I can grow my knowledge more on car engines, seeking anything to do with car engines. I know there are not books designed for warranty admins, but I wanted to go into this journey per say as if I am a car mechanic learning about engines. Right now I'm sitting at Barnes and nobles and there selection is not helping me very much.

Are there any good books I can read on car engines breaking down the categories on car engines? For example: transmissions, axels, body, engine, windows, etc..
Pookie

Re: [help] returning job search after 3+ years

Postby Parts007 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:03 am

I do not think this is the appropiate forum for this question. I would consider this off-topic as this is a Parts Managers forum, not a technical or mechanical forum. Anyone else think the same?
Parts007

Postby AlanHomes » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:59 pm

Parts007 wrote:I do not think this is the appropiate forum for this question. I would consider this off-topic as this is a Parts Managers forum, not a technical or mechanical forum. Anyone else think the same?

Maybe need to ask the desk at your local Auto Zone While you are at it, ask them what the ideal stoichiometric mixture should be for a gasoline engine
AlanHomes

Postby smoyer » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:58 pm

Pookie wrote:Hello! I have worked as a warranty administrator in the past, and looking back I can I can admit I was not very good. The technical aspect was not a challenge for me. For example: navigating my way through the software, learning the software, everything to do with the tech side came easy. However, being honest with my self now-- I did not know very much about cars. And it really held me back looking back now... I want to give it another shot because I believe this job can be rewarding if you're good at it.

I came here to ask for recommendations on books where I can grow my knowledge more on car engines, seeking anything to do with car engines. I know there are not books designed for warranty admins, but I wanted to go into this journey per say as if I am a car mechanic learning about engines. Right now I'm sitting at Barnes and nobles and there selection is not helping me very much.

Are there any good books I can read on car engines breaking down the categories on car engines? For example: transmissions, axels, body, engine, windows, etc..

work in parts for about ten years and you will see how much warranty admins rely on us for answers
smoyer

Postby Denise Trimble » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:23 pm

AlanHomes wrote:
Parts007 wrote:I do not think this is the appropiate forum for this question. I would consider this off-topic as this is a Parts Managers forum, not a technical or mechanical forum. Anyone else think the same?

Maybe need to ask the desk at your local Auto Zone While you are at it, ask them what the ideal stoichiometric mixture should be for a gasoline engine

I have this formula
Denise Trimble

Return to Parts Managers