SPRINT AUTO-CANCEL?

SPRINT AUTO-CANCEL?

Postby Denise Trimble » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:20 pm

I accepted, confirmed and prepared for delivery; a SPRINT part last night. I came in this morning and the OEC shows the order "Auto Cancelled". Called the other dealer and they said they will try to get in touch with GM because they don't see an answerback regarding this SPAC case being filled yet.

Between AutoSoft, GM and OEC it could be anything. Have any of you experienced this?
Denise Trimble

Re: SPRINT AUTO-CANCEL?

Postby PartScott » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:35 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:I accepted, confirmed and prepared for delivery; a SPRINT part last night. I came in this morning and the OEC shows the order "Auto Cancelled". Called the other dealer and they said they will try to get in touch with GM because they don't see an answerback regarding this SPAC case being filled yet.

Between AutoSoft, GM and OEC it could be anything. Have any of you experienced this?

The only time anything close to that has happened to me is the one time just before 5 o'clock that I accepted a SPRINT and figured that I would prepare it all the next day since it was 5 and wouldn't go out until the then anyway. Well, it cancelled on me but I hadn't yet confirmed the shipment in OEC. With you confirming the shipment, I'm not sure what went wrong.
PartScott

Postby ScottParts » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:18 pm

I've had it happen once. Had it billed, packaged, confirmed, and sitting out for Fed Ex. The next day it was cancelled. All I and a Sprint "advisor" could tell was that possibly mid stream it wrote to a warehouse.
ScottParts

Postby olepartsguy » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:56 pm

You have to package it the same day before closing of business. This is nothing new. It has not changed since its inception. as long as you print the fedex label it will confirm on its own. and now since the dimensions and weight populate automatically its easier to do sprints from home if you have a printer. even when the dimensions were not there it was still easy to guess the dimensions of the box or to check search part info.
olepartsguy

Postby Denise Trimble » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:57 pm

ScottParts wrote:I've had it happen once. Had it billed, packaged, confirmed, and sitting out for Fed Ex. The next day it was cancelled. All I and a Sprint "advisor" could tell was that possibly mid stream it wrote to a warehouse.

We suspected that yet the other dealer has not heard from SPAC on what transpired. He just said it shows cancelled. :?:
Denise Trimble

Postby Denise Trimble » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:41 pm

We're just going to call this the "Tootsie Pop Treatment".............the world may never know.
Denise Trimble

Postby markb71 » Fri May 06, 2022 8:31 pm

We also had this happen, called, and actually got someone who told me why it happened. You have 2 or 3 hours to "confirm" the order. The order is confirmed when you print the shipping label. If you don't print the shipping label in that time frame, it auto-declines and resubmits the SPAC. So now, if I get one right before closing, I print the label, print the SPAC page, then bill it out and prepare it for shipping the next day.
markb71

Postby Denise Trimble » Mon May 09, 2022 2:16 pm

I guess I should clarify my "prepare for delivery" since it was a Dealer Delivery, not a ship-to situation.
Denise Trimble

Return to Parts Managers