DMA - R

DMA - R

Postby Ichabod Farquar » Fri May 06, 2022 8:14 pm

We are small dealership. Therefore, we do not have a direct contact rep (someone who actually stops in our store) they are a phone rep. District Manager Aftersales Remote

My questions is what do these people actually do? What are their responsibilities? Every time I send something to them, I either don't get a response or I get a "contact this person" response.
Ichabod Farquar

Re: DMA - R

Postby PartScott » Fri May 06, 2022 8:28 pm

Sounds like they do what a regular, in-person rep does. :lol:
PartScott

Postby ScottParts » Fri May 06, 2022 8:49 pm

Ichabod Farquar wrote:We are small dealership. Therefore, we do not have a direct contact rep (someone who actually stops in our store) they are a phone rep. District Manager Aftersales Remote

My questions is what do these people actually do? What are their responsibilities? Every time I send something to them, I either don't get a response or I get a "contact this person" response.

That's exactly what every "in person" rep I've had the last several years does. Won't even reply to an email.
ScottParts

Postby brparts » Fri May 06, 2022 10:45 pm

when i started with GM back in 1970 as a parts manager, our rep's were the one's that rep the car line. when they went to GM parts in 1972 or 73 then we gat a parts rep. back then they came around at lest twice a month and would alway return your calls. i had the same rep from 1976 thru 1987 and he was always helpful. when they started to hire college educated idiots that new nothing about running a parts dept, that when GM parts started going down the tubes. it looks like they still hire no nothings.
brparts

Postby Ichabod Farquar » Sat May 07, 2022 9:55 pm

brparts,

I too have been in the business a "few" years. We had the same rep for years as well, from roughly late '83 thru late '90s. This guy would do whatever it took to take care of his dealers. Those days are gone...

I don't think the new people have ever been in a GM dealership - ever
Ichabod Farquar

Return to Parts Managers