GCUS-9-13004 new GM PARTS WORKBENCH+

Re: GCUS-9-13004 new GM PARTS WORKBENCH+

Postby smoyer » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:45 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:COL now has PWB+ courses listed under the Recommended Courses section of my Learning Path:
PDSWB.022W1
PDSWB.022W2
They don't take very long to do, but also mentions other courses to come.

by the time these came out i pretty much figured it out lol
smoyer

Postby Denise Trimble » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:12 pm

GCUS-9-13699: ...."Reminder: the old Parts Workbench system is scheduled to be decommissioned on October 31st."
Denise Trimble

Postby C8RFAN » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:17 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:GCUS-9-13699: ...."Reminder: the old Parts Workbench system is scheduled to be decommissioned on October 31st."

The only thing I'm not super familiar with in PLUS, is the old way, I would go to "View Order Status Summary" put in my control #, PN and date range, and then see whats going on...Ive found it in PLUS a few times, albeit tripping and falling to find it :lol:

I havent perfected that task in PLUS yet... Anyone have any tips/roadmap to make it any easier to get where im going?
C8RFAN

Postby PartsDanager » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:33 pm

C8RFAN wrote:
Denise Trimble wrote:GCUS-9-13699: ...."Reminder: the old Parts Workbench system is scheduled to be decommissioned on October 31st."

The only thing I'm not super familiar with in PLUS, is the old way, I would go to "View Order Status Summary" put in my control #, PN and date range, and then see whats going on...Ive found it in PLUS a few times, albeit tripping and falling to find it :lol:

I havent perfected that task in PLUS yet... Anyone have any tips/roadmap to make it any easier to get where im going?

I believe the equivalent would be Shipments>Magnifying glass in top right of table>input desired PNs, Control Number, and/or date range.

From there the tracking number is accessible (without going through 3 screens I might add) as well as ETAs or alternatively the date the PDC says it was scanned to your dealer.
PartsDanager

Postby C8RFAN » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:40 pm

PartsDanager wrote:
C8RFAN wrote:

I believe the equivalent would be Shipments>Magnifying glass in top right of table>input desired PNs, Control Number, and/or date range.

From there the tracking number is accessible (without going through 3 screens I might add) as well as ETAs or alternatively the date the PDC says it was scanned to your dealer.

You are correct!! Thank you! That helps very much
C8RFAN

Postby AlanHomes » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:47 am

I will throw this out regarding the "new" parts workbench e-packing list. The old version in the much easier to read parts workbench had the part numbers in numerical order, this "new" version has them scattered about.
AlanHomes

Postby Denise Trimble » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:28 pm

AlanHomes wrote:I will throw this out regarding the "new" parts workbench e-packing list. The old version in the much easier to read parts workbench had the part numbers in numerical order, this "new" version has them scattered about.

Lots of clicks, but here goes:
Order Management>Order Information>Shipments>(Select date range to narrow results)>Select Shipment number>Click on the PDF icon in upper right corner>Print off list as a packing list.

Tips:
-For the Date Range, I only select the business/order day before as my start date.
-You're only going to know which shipment number to choose by looking at your answerback, or clicking on it to see what's in there each time.
-Our fella prefers to use the PDF that is "With Notes" since he goes to a separate building for checking in parts and doesn't need to lug the binder with the master order pages in it

IF they take E-Docs away, this is one backup plan. Please share if you have others!
Denise Trimble

Postby smoyer » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:28 pm

how do you find overnight charges on the new wbp
smoyer

Previous

Return to Parts Managers