Bolt Battery Recall

Bolt Battery Recall

Postby PartsDanager » Fri May 13, 2022 6:42 pm

How have you guys been dealing with the ebb and flow of the battery deliveries for the Bolt Recall? The expectation with our customers is they will wait months to even get one ordered, and then when its ordered it might show up in a week , or it could show up in a month and a half.

I'm thinking about getting a shipping container to store these in because there is no end in sight and these boxes are giant.
PartsDanager

Re: Bolt Battery Recall

Postby AlanHomes » Fri May 13, 2022 7:01 pm

Not sure about a shipping container, would it get too hot inside?
They are a pain in the ass to deal with, at one time we had them stacked up in the shop.
We are getting calls from customers two hours plus away, some dealers do not want to be certified/qualified to work on these vehicles
Maybe a call is in order to Buck Fiden, Commie Harris and Peppermint Pattie, hell they are pushing electric vehicles.
AlanHomes

Re: Bolt Battery Recall

Postby Ichabod Farquar » Fri May 13, 2022 9:53 pm

We have been waiting for weeks to receive a battery. Early on the batteries would show up in a few days. Now it is weeks, likely 5-6, and getting worse everyday.

I am told GM has released more recalls than there are batteries. More battery orders input into ALFRED each day than Spiers receives batteries to ship. Therefore, it will get much worse before it gets better.

Yes those batteries are huge. Remember if you don't return them on time you face a NON-REFUNDABLE $16,200 +/- charge from GM. Because of this we refuse to have more than 2 at a time.

We too are getting customers from more than an hour away - not fair that we have to do these for other dealers. But the other dealers can take Silverado EV orders because they "promise" to become certified later.

GM should pay the dealers who are EV certified now a bonus for taking care of these recalls. OR at least pay us a fair amount for handling these things. In my opinion we should receive an amount equal to 40% of the battery cost prior to the recall. This would be approximately $4000 mark-up.

Keep in mind GM will soon be shipping reman batteries. I have not been able to find out if the reman batteries will retain the extra kWH that the new batteries have had.

A the saga continues...
Ichabod Farquar

Return to Parts Managers