Snap On EPC Contract

Snap On EPC Contract

Postby Fixed Ops Mgr » Wed May 18, 2022 3:12 pm

The time is here when I need to renew my Snap On EPC contract and licensing. Here is my issue...we use the EPC right from Globalconnect because it works fine for us and I got tired of all the failed updates on the server so I quit updating our server over a year ago because I don't see a need when running the online version through Globalconnect. I know that we still must purchase license keys though Snap On to access the online version but Snap On is telling me that I have to update my server because it is outdated! I told them we run the online version so I don't need the server any longer but they are forcing one on me.
Has anyone run into this recently and I am also curious to see what everyone paying for their licensing?
Fixed Ops Mgr

Re: Snap On EPC Contract

Postby MIKE1010 » Wed May 18, 2022 4:16 pm

If your individual terminals meet the minimum requirements, then you should be good to go. Just load the catalog on each computer. Yes it is a pain to do each individual terminal but it saves you from having a server. Unfortunately IT thought they new better at our dealership and gave the us computers with to small a hard drive and does not meet requirements for snap-on. Minimum is 500 gigs.
Last edited by MIKE1010 on Wed May 18, 2022 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MIKE1010

Postby smoyer » Wed May 18, 2022 6:20 pm

When we renewed our contract we went without an in house server, and use online only, works fine for us they send a thumb drive that you can use in case they have a complete breakdown.
our pc's are not the latest and greatest but they must be enough to get by
smoyer

Postby olepartsguy » Fri May 20, 2022 3:30 pm

LAST AGREEMENT I SIGNED FOR WAS IN AUGUST OF LAST YEAR FOR 5 LICENSES I PAY $709 MONTHLY.

I DO RUN THE SERVER BUT I DONT PAY FOR IT ANYMORE.
olepartsguy

Postby PartScott » Fri May 20, 2022 4:34 pm

Three licenses, no equipment from Snap-On...$456 per month.
PartScott

Postby Fixed Ops Mgr » Tue May 24, 2022 3:21 pm

PartScott wrote:Three licenses, no equipment from Snap-On...$456 per month.

Are you a GM store? I am assuming so and I just went around with the Snap On Rep and he tells me that it is in the GM dealer contract that everyone must have a server in case of the internet going down. I told him that is non sense because with an internet based DMS like we
have, if the internet goes down, we are down anyway so a server is not going to help us. I am just wondering for those of you who have chimed in on this thread and are getting by without a server did you have to get something special in writing from someone to let
you operate without a server because the Snap On rep will not renew my contract without a server? I am hoping that if we need a backup if the internet goes down that we can go with the thumb drives like some of you have mentioned.

If anyone can tell me how to get by without a server, I would appreciate it.
Fixed Ops Mgr

Postby PartScott » Tue May 24, 2022 4:10 pm

Yes, I am a GM dealer.

I have the catalog installed on three individual PCs in the event we cant access the online, but they are our machines and not leased or purchased through Snap-On.
PartScott

Return to Parts Managers