Filing Claims in Edge/Chrome

Filing Claims in Edge/Chrome

Postby PartsPlant81 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:17 pm

I have had to use another workstation to file my claims as long as I can remember because they wouldn't work on my workstation through IE.

Now that IE is going away on the 15th I can't even do them from the workstation I have been doing them on for years...

Edge and Chrome give me an error after I put all of the information on the first tab screen with the shipment #, part # and line #.

"13015: Values inputTab selected from page Submit Customer Exceptions is invalid. Request has not been processed. Please select valid values and try again."

Anybody else have this issue and figure out how to get them to go through properly?

I knew the day was coming but hoped I would still be able to use the backup workstation to put these through.

PartsPlant81

Re: Filing Claims in Edge/Chrome

Postby PartScott » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:31 pm

Surely GM will have this fixed before the plug is pulled on IE. They would never leave us out to dry like that. :lol:

To answer your question...yes, I have this issue as well and no, I have not figured out a work around yet.
PartScott

Postby JeepGuy » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:27 pm

Microsoft is retiring Internet Explorer on June 15th.

Some websites are behind the times and don’t really run well in Chrome or Edge browsers and we have to run them in Internet Explorer, but if Internet Explorer is going away, how are we going to use the legacy sites?

Microsoft Edge has “Internet Explorer Mode” so you can still access some of the ancient websites that refuse to adapt. GlobalConnect has been one of the largest culprits of this, but not every app within GlobalConnect has required the usage of Internet Explorer.

This email is an FYI that Internet Explorer is going away on June 15th and it requires no immediate action on your part, however, if you are an active Internet Explorer user, be aware that you will need to be using Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer Mode enabled to access specific webpages.

To enable Internet Explorer Mode, follow these steps:

1. Open Microsoft Edge:
2. Click the three dots located at the top right of the window:
3. Navigate to Settings:
4. Click Default Browser:
5. Ensure “Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode” is set to “Allow”, and then click “Add” below that to add the URL to the list of Internet Explorer Mode pages. These pages only stay for 30 days, so thank Microsoft when you have to do this each month.
JeepGuy

Postby PartsPlant81 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:27 pm

I just received an email from GM Reference Number: GCUS-9-13141
with detailed instructions.

Not messing with it until next week though. Have a great weekend everyone!
PartsPlant81

Postby olepartsguy » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:00 pm

IF YOU HAVENT FIGURED THE NEW PARAMETERS FOR IE OR YOU DONT HAVE ADMIN RIGHTS TO MAKE THOSE CHANGES.
IN IE GO TO THE GEAR ON THE RH UPPER CORNER AND LOOK FOR "COMPATIBILITY VIEW SETTINGS" ENTER THE WEBSITE OR IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY POPULATE.

THIS WORKS FOR "SEARCH PART INFO" AND "LOCATE PART" WHEN YOU WANT TO GET INTO SOME AREAS OF GLOBAL CONNECT YOU HAVE TO GO BACK IN THERE "COMPATIBILTY VIEW SETTINGS" and delete the site. so it can work on other places on Global
olepartsguy

Postby torgy123 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:33 pm

well I have attempted to follow the instruction's but with no success! I have downloaded both files that were provided by GM and I get error codes.

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

Additional Help
If you need additional help or run into issues, please work with your Windows administrator. If additional assistance is needed, please open ticket with your respective GM help desk.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: what Windows or IT administrator???

Small dealers don't have the luxury of having these people, we are our IT person. Hop on the old googler and waste a bunch of time fumbling around trying to figure out updates and upgrades, and what search engine you need to be in to use different programs.

GM has had over a year to get this done, and now they lay it on us. Can't wait for the new Global Disconnect to go live..... :lol: :lol: :lol: it will probably turn out like the 058 Plant update in 2019, and we will end up with the same POS that we have fought for years. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
torgy123

Postby PartsPlant81 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:03 pm

I have figured out how to do everything that I could do in IE in Edge and Chrome except filing claims :evil:

Hopefully they will get it figured out immediately! Please GM we know you are reading this.

A tip I figured out for searching part information in Chrome: It will not work if you just input the part number in the field on the screen...Click on a previous searched part in the bottom right of the screen then you will be able to input to the part number in the bottom right field to search for part number changes, etc.
PartsPlant81

Postby greenthumb-38 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:33 pm

They have figured it out and you have to make changes to your registry for it to run seamlessly.

The instructions provided in the bulletin were easy enough for me to follow and complete the changes. It took about 20-25 minutes with interruptions.

I find this completely absurd. Record profits and they can't get their IT dept to operate with current technology... sounds like ADP to me. Pretty sad.

- gt is still here
greenthumb-38

Postby PartsPlant81 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:17 pm

Finally figured out the claims screen in edge by adding *.autopartners[dot]net to the trusted sites in my internet options.
PartsPlant81

Postby GerryD » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:28 pm

GCUS-9-13141 followed instruction, unfortunately the 2 files provided could not be saved as a file so I copied and pasted to notepad and saved them as needed. The rest of the instructions worked fine and my claims screen now works fine.
Note, I tried running the claims screen in IE mode compatibilty mode and got the same error.
This bulletin worked perfect
GerryD

Next

Return to Parts Managers