gm DOESNT CARE

gm DOESNT CARE

Postby olepartsguy » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:26 pm

Does anyone remember the days when GM cared about us dealers? I know it has been a long time. I know as soon as bancruptcy went though was the turning point.
olepartsguy

Re: gm DOESNT CARE

Postby partsguy99 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:25 pm

olepartsguy wrote:Does anyone remember the days when GM cared about us dealers? I know it has been a long time. I know as soon as bancruptcy went though was the turning point.

No, it actually started a few years before they went Chapter 11 with the Retail Inventory Management system. RIM was the start of The General taking control of the Dealer Parts Department. Going Chapter 11 allowed them to re-write the Dealer Franchise Agreements, which pretty much allowed them to completely take full control of not only the dealer parts departments, but the ENTIRE DEALER OPERATION. And don't forget what they did to all the AC Delco jobbers.
partsguy99

Postby PartsOnBackorder » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:23 pm

GM does care , they care about the share holders and pushing electric vehicles that no can afford . Just look at how many parts are now being discontinued for vehicles not that old ! We've seen parts for aged vehicles around 2017 , that's not old .
PartsOnBackorder

Postby PartsDanager » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:54 pm

not a lot to add that isn't said I'm just here to agree.
PartsDanager

Postby brparts » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:00 am

i posted this several years/ GM does not want the small dealers doing wholesale, they want only large one's. this is a post i did in 2009, you can agree or not. "The amazing thing to me is how people here have blinders on and are shocked at what is happening or has happened in the industry, you can't tell me NONE saw any of this coming? """ back in 1982 at a cadillac dealer advisory board that i serverd on, i brought up the fact that it looked like GM was trying to get rid of the small dealers . when they got rid of wholesale comp, i think around 1979 or 80 they told us we would make more money because we would sell more because they were going to reduce the price. with that kind of thinking we as parts mrg's knew then that the next 10 or 15 yrs GM was going to be in the dumpster, it did take a little longer but it did happen. most of the PM's that were in that meeting left GM and went to other car lines, most went to imports, some out of the auto business. the the big wiggs in there ivory towers are now paying the price for the dumb decisions they made back in the 80's and early 90
brparts

Postby CHUCKINPARTS » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:42 pm

I remember years ago being at a Chrysler regional meeting with Owners, Parts Managers and Service Mangers when they were pitching their version of RIM. I think it was called ARO. This was a pretty big meeting and we had a lot of corporate suits and hundreds of attendants . We listened to speaker after speaker until one said something truly unbelievable……….. and you will no longer need Parts Managers because we will control your inventory and you can trust our system to be better. (SOUND FAMILIAR RIM DEALERS) I looked at our Service Manger and said, did he just say what I thought he said? The hell with re-order points, days’ supply, cascading test sources, inventory control of any kind or anything I have been taught over the past 30 years. I was fighting to prove my worth!!!! I convinced my Dealer that NOW is really the time you need me………… When these companies say don’t worry we will take care of it for you and it will be much better. BULLSHIT It’s ironic that this is floated by companies that have backorders and supply chain screw ups constantly. GM dealers………. Is this year 3 or 4 in a row that you can’t get combi coolers for trucks and its only June? Why do common parts like H11 bulbs keep coming from MI for months at one or two at a time and not from my facing PDC ( i'm averaging 8 to 10 days per refferal). I don’t think they realize that with this on time delivery when they have to refer it, we stand the likely hood of running out. We Parts managers juggle these things numerous times with numerous parts every day. Don’t get me started on Recalls………it’s under review and they will ship from 075 and take 10 days to get here. Wait, what my facing PDC has 3000 of them and what are they reviewing….ahh fuck it.
Bottom line is they care but not about us.
CHUCKINPARTS

Postby bsmith77327 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:06 pm

Now gm is sending emails to customers for them to buy parts from gm direct brought it up to the rep and he changed the subject.
i received 2 of the emails myself
bsmith77327

Postby FordGuyatGM » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:06 pm

I got a call from my rep a few weeks ago asking why I haven't been on the conference calls, as I always used to participate in them. I simply told him " GM doesn't care, its obvious. Nothing changes, so I've decided to stop wasting my time on these calls for all of our concerns/complaints to fall on deaf ears". He assured me that wasn't the case, but we all know better. It's becoming increasingly harder to do this job and I really used to enjoy doing this. Today we received 4 CSO lines of a 27 line CSO order. I was told the warehouse has staffing issues, and they're getting the order to the PDC's to late. JUST LOOOOOOL!!
FordGuyatGM

Postby bigmac » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:28 pm

Got this e-mail today. "Due to ongoing issues regarding missing return tags and PC302’s not available to print, the decision has been made to delay the RIM returns that would normally be created tomorrow 6/22/2022. Returns will be created as soon as resolved. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work for resolution. " Why can't GM create a RIM return for us to approve and then send the paperwork when they get around to it? :cry:
bigmac

Postby olepartsguy » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:36 pm

YOU CANT APPROVE YOUR RIM RETURNS ON DAY 1 OF EVERY MONTH? ARE YOU NOT USING ELECTRONIC PC302 ? THE GENERAL DONT MAKE NO SENSE.
olepartsguy

Next

Return to Parts Managers