gm DOESNT CARE

Re: gm DOESNT CARE

Postby Denise Trimble » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:51 pm

...and they won't until the big players can no longer hit the ball out of the park for them. Too Big To Fail is not only for your reading pleasure. Our dealership has been here since 1928. GM could care less that this family has put their generational lives into keeping GM customers happy. Their manager(s) d'jour only come/call around and want more. How many of you have noticed how much the zone managers DO NOT show their faces now that new vehicles and parts are scarce? Nearly lost my composure and called them a bunch of "p" words.
Denise Trimble

Postby partsguy99 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:43 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:...and they won't until the big players can no longer hit the ball out of the park for them. Too Big To Fail is not only for your reading pleasure. Our dealership has been here since 1928. GM could care less that this family has put their generational lives into keeping GM customers happy. Their manager(s) d'jour only come/call around and want more. How many of you have noticed how much the zone managers DO NOT show their faces now that new vehicles and parts are scarce? Nearly lost my composure and called them a bunch of "p" words.

The General made the decision a looong time ago that they would rather have their dealer body consist of large corporate owned mega dealer groups. Their thinking is the large dealer groups are better equipped financially the "weather" there wonderful money making programs that The General comes up with. They REALLY DON'T CARE about family owned franchises at all.
partsguy99

Postby PartScott » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:10 pm

bigmac wrote:Got this e-mail today. "Due to ongoing issues regarding missing return tags and PC302’s not available to print, the decision has been made to delay the RIM returns that would normally be created tomorrow 6/22/2022. Returns will be created as soon as resolved. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work for resolution. " Why can't GM create a RIM return for us to approve and then send the paperwork when they get around to it? :cry:

Anyone with a RIM return acceptance date of the 22nd heard anything about their returns? It's been crickets here.
PartScott

Postby smoyer » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:10 pm

PartScott wrote:
bigmac wrote:Got this e-mail today. "Due to ongoing issues regarding missing return tags and PC302’s not available to print, the decision has been made to delay the RIM returns that would normally be created tomorrow 6/22/2022. Returns will be created as soon as resolved. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work for resolution. " Why can't GM create a RIM return for us to approve and then send the paperwork when they get around to it? :cry:

Anyone with a RIM return acceptance date of the 22nd heard anything about their returns? It's been crickets here.

NOPE, I an sure they have our best interest in mind tho :D
smoyer

Postby PartScott » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:41 pm

No doubt...I'm sure they appreciate our patience as well. :lol:
PartScott

Postby smoyer » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:59 pm

So riddle me this batman how come I can submit a monthly return, and a cso ordered in error return but not a rim return??
smoyer

Postby PartScott » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:29 pm

Certainly makes you wonder....
PartScott

Postby Torgy » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:58 pm

smoyer wrote:So riddle me this batman how come I can submit a monthly return, and a cso ordered in error return but not a rim return??

pretty soon GM will be having us hold RIM ordered parts for 24 months
Torgy

Postby PartsOnBackorder » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:07 pm

OH a definite hard agree that GM will be increasing the RIM hold time . Meanwhile NO where else in an inventory logistics business management system is holding inventory over 9-12 months a good thing . Its purely just a revenue driver for GM to make RIM load you up heavier and hold part longer . Its the GM shell game of just moving parts thats all .
PartsOnBackorder

Postby Ichabod Farquar » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:12 pm

GM Doesn't Care - Well there is a revelation...

What on Earth made you think they ever did, at least post-bankruptcy.

As for holding RIM parts longer. Well considering parts availability it is clear they don't want any parts in the warehouses. Saves a lot of money in inventory and management and labor if there aren't any parts. Just let Amazon hold them and we will order from them.

Had a turbocharger earlier this week. No one had any, not Delco, not GM, no dealers. ORielly Auto parts could get me the GM/Delco unit - only at 3 times the cost. But it was a GM part. Funny it isn't available to anyone unless you want to pay triple the price.
Ichabod Farquar

Previous

Return to Parts Managers