Parts Warranty Reimbursement %

Re: Parts Warranty Reimbursement %

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:58 pm

Denise,
This is how Ohio law reads so that you can either do 100 "qualifying" RO.s or 90 days of RO's:
(B) Each franchisor shall compensate each of its franchisees for labor and parts used to fulfill warranty and recall obligations of repair and servicing at rates not less than the rates charged by the franchisee to its retail customers for like service warranty-like labor and parts for nonwarranty work. A franchisee, other than a franchisee that deals in recreational vehicles, may establish rates of compensation for labor performed and parts used by the franchisee for purposes of this section if all of the following apply:
(1) The franchisee submits to the franchisor either of the following :
(a) One hundred sequential nonwarranty service repair orders for warranty-like repairs that have been paid by a customer and closed by the time of submission;
(b) All service repair orders for warranty-like repairs, that have been paid by a customer and closed by the time of submission, for a period of ninety consecutive days .

I do the 100 RO's for my stores by getting 2000 RO's, finding all qualifying RO's, then finding which group of 100 gives me the best bang for my buck. If you are on CDK and have DSDA (not necessary but a whole lot easier), then let me know and I will send you everything you need to make it happen. You can do this yourself in a weekend.
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Postby Denise Trimble » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:55 pm

Gerry Laughlin wrote:Denise,
This is how Ohio law reads so that you can either do 100 "qualifying" RO.s or 90 days of RO's:
(B) Each franchisor shall compensate each of its franchisees for labor and parts used to fulfill warranty and recall obligations of repair and servicing at rates not less than the rates charged by the franchisee to its retail customers for like service warranty-like labor and parts for nonwarranty work. A franchisee, other than a franchisee that deals in recreational vehicles, may establish rates of compensation for labor performed and parts used by the franchisee for purposes of this section if all of the following apply:
(1) The franchisee submits to the franchisor either of the following :
(a) One hundred sequential nonwarranty service repair orders for warranty-like repairs that have been paid by a customer and closed by the time of submission;
(b) All service repair orders for warranty-like repairs, that have been paid by a customer and closed by the time of submission, for a period of ninety consecutive days .

I do the 100 RO's for my stores by getting 2000 RO's, finding all qualifying RO's, then finding which group of 100 gives me the best bang for my buck. If you are on CDK and have DSDA (not necessary but a whole lot easier), then let me know and I will send you everything you need to make it happen. You can do this yourself in a weekend.
Gerry

We're on Auto Soft, now. But thanks, Gerry! I'll give it to the Owner/Warr. Admin. right now!
Denise Trimble

Postby GMRyan » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:21 pm

87% HERE. FOR MANY MANY YEARS NOW
GMRyan

Previous

Return to Parts Managers