Missing "Chips"???

Missing "Chips"???

Postby PartScott » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:47 pm

So here in the past couple of days, I have had an influx of people asking about "chips" for the heated seats (mostly on Equinox's). All tell pretty much the same story; they bought the vehicle and was told that "chips" were being sent to us when ready (around July). I even had a salesman come back and ask.

Did I miss a bulletin/email/memo??? Anyone else out there that is as lost as we are about it?
PartScott

Re: Missing "Chips"???

Postby Denise Trimble » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:13 pm

GCUS-14-1618 (andGCUS-17-454 Dated 7/13) Has information regarding the semiconductor shortage and stop-sale for Equinox due to availability of wheelhouse liners. I laughed a little at this one, not only because clearly someone at that level has cut & pasted part of the rhetoric; but also since it appears as if we may actually receive some new cars! We can't sell them, but they will be here for people to look at and inquire about for several months to come. What an absolute joke.
Last edited by Denise Trimble on Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denise Trimble

Postby Parts007 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:21 pm

I don't believe that GM is saying anything right now. I believe the term is called 'retrofit'. I know that the lower trim levels, they are removing certain options.
Parts007

Postby C8RFAN » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:35 pm

Waiting on a few for my new truck myself.

I havent heard or seen anything about when they chips are coming in, luckly noone has asked. Should be easy when they do, my department is pre-programmed to say "no eta" :lol: :roll:
C8RFAN

Postby hoorulez » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:36 pm

1st time I heard about this was about 3 months ago. Customer called and asked if their "chip" was in yet. After some on hold laughing I told them I would look into it and get their info. According to the salesman, they were all told in a sales meeting that parts would get the missing chips around July, per "GM". I told him the only chips I have here are some Salt & Vinegar. Of course any questions to the sales managers were met with shrugs.
All reality, it will be a nightmare when GM actually gets 'chips', just like these 'build-shy' Equinoxes. Parts will have to track it and rack it all, for free.
Being browbeat for over 35 years now... First 13 years GM, then 20 years Chrysler... NOW BACK TO GM!! :|
hoorulez

Postby PartScott » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:31 pm

Almost as if they are watching this forum...

Reference Number: 202207220003

Attention Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac Dealers:

This communication is to provide an update regarding the approved retrofit processes previously announced related to the industry-wide shortage of semiconductors and other supply chain constraints. General Motors committed that the retrofit process would begin when parts become available, and that there would be no additional cost to the customer.

General Motors will begin making parts available to order for Heated and Ventilated Seat features beginning the week of July 25. This process will occur over a phased period. When parts become available, your dealership will receive additional information including repair instructions, part information, and warranty submittal details. These parts remain in short supply and cannot be pre-ordered, you must wait until notification from General Motors before placing orders. Specific VINS will be required to determine the correct part to order in the Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC). Beginning the week of August 1, customers will begin receiving notifications to contact their dealer to begin scheduling service appointments.

As with other traditional service campaigns, the dealership will be reimbursed for the labor time required through the GM Warranty System once the component installation is completed.

The remaining retrofit campaigns will occur in phases over the next several months once parts become available and you will receive notification when they begin.

Thank you for your continued support as we work to help meet the strong customer demand for our vehicles and continue to place our customers at the center of everything we do.

General Motors
PartScott

Postby Denise Trimble » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:20 pm

[quote="PartScott"]Almost as if they are watching this forum...

We just received: GCUS-17-455

8-) You know it! (but this time, effective!)
Denise Trimble

Postby X476 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:45 pm

he remaining retrofit campaigns will occur in phases over the next several months once parts become available and you will receive notification when they begin.

As with everything GM does in "phases" it will be a clustf$#^.
X476

Postby unemployed » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:47 pm

Has anyone tried ordering the rear seat heater module ? we have a 2022 acadia , and we have to turn off our VIN filter to get a part number in the snap on catalog , is it because they put those build codes in 00R credit-not equipped
that prevents the catalog showing part number with VIN filter on ? , vehicle build has the KA6 , KU9
just nervous to order a wrong module , we are coming up with part number 13536325
1GKKNXLS7NZ162831
unemployed

Postby PartsPlant81 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:40 pm

unemployed wrote:Has anyone tried ordering the rear seat heater module ? we have a 2022 acadia , and we have to turn off our VIN filter to get a part number in the snap on catalog , is it because they put those build codes in 00R credit-not equipped
that prevents the catalog showing part number with VIN filter on ? , vehicle build has the KA6 , KU9
just nervous to order a wrong module , we are coming up with part number 13536325
1GKKNXLS7NZ162831

I ordered the same part # last week just waiting for it to arrive. Same situation though; had to take the VIN filter off to get the part number.
Fingers crossed it's the correct part :x
PartsPlant81

Next

Return to Parts Managers