Missing "Chips"???

Re: Missing "Chips"???

Postby Parts007 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:37 pm

last8please wrote:how are y'all handling N212354521 where you are supposed to replace the AM/FM Stereo Radio Control, and have to get from Specmo, Model or AJR. Do you wait til vehicle is in your shop to order the radio exchange and keep vehicle overnight or do you pre-order so it arrives before appointment??

Have you read the latest version off of SI? They have changed it a few times since it came out. The latest states to order the radio control from the catalog.

“FOR SILVERADO AND SIERRA ONLY - MULTIPLE PART NUMBERS MAY SHOW IN THE ELECTRONIC PARTS CATALOG. ORDER THE PART THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE RPO 00V IN THE USAGE COLUMN IN THE EPC”.
Parts007

Postby PartScott » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:51 pm

last8please wrote:how are y'all handling N212354521 where you are supposed to replace the AM/FM Stereo Radio Control, and have to get from Specmo, Model or AJR. Do you wait til vehicle is in your shop to order the radio exchange and keep vehicle overnight or do you pre-order so it arrives before appointment??

We have been pre-ordering the controls from Specmo before the customer arrives, but only when they have an appointment set.
PartScott

Postby C8RFAN » Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:14 pm

We just started getting truck RO's today as far as the ones with the module, control and bezel from model/specmo.

Are you pre-ordering the model/specmo portion without an RO? If so, what are you putting in the RO box? Luckly we have had repair orders thusfar, but I am sure its bound to happen.....
C8RFAN

Postby PartScott » Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:42 pm

I just call them on the phone and let them know that I am ordering the control for the campaign. There has been no issue with not having RO numbers.
PartScott

Postby C8RFAN » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:13 pm

Got it, Thanks Scott :)
C8RFAN

Postby PartScott » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:39 pm

Just a heads up...the campaign has been updated to exclude Silverado 1500's from needing radio controls. Only HD's get radio controls now, so I suppose I have to return these new units waiting for the customer's appointments back to Specmo.
PartScott

Postby camaroman » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:40 pm

Gotta love the cluster puck this has been. Have a good day all and keep smiling GM is here to help.
camaroman

Postby C8RFAN » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:32 pm

PartScott wrote:Just a heads up...the campaign has been updated to exclude Silverado 1500's from needing radio controls. Only HD's get radio controls now, so I suppose I have to return these new units waiting for the customer's appointments back to Specmo.

One just got us yesterday.. Radio controls already had the "cutouts" for the heated seats in it....Counterman at the time told him to replace it regardless because it was in the bulletin

Hoping specmo doesnt charge me back :cry:
C8RFAN

Postby understatedone » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:53 pm

PartScott wrote:Just a heads up...the campaign has been updated to exclude Silverado 1500's from needing radio controls. Only HD's get radio controls now, so I suppose I have to return these new units waiting for the customer's appointments back to Specmo.

And they switched it back on Nov 14th to everybody getting radio controls again! LOL
understatedone

Postby PartScott » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:08 pm

understatedone wrote:And they switched it back on Nov 14th to everybody getting radio controls again! LOL

The way I read it is SOME 1500's may need it, but not all. Still doesn't make it clear as to how we should handle this...do we order them and send them back if not needed when the vehicle shows up, or do we get the vehicle in first and then order the radio control if needed?

clearasmudbulletin wrote:Dealers are to replace the front seat heater control module, replace the front HVAC user interface control module and reprogram the body control module. In addition, Traverse vehicles will require the HVAC control module programming and some Silverado and Sierra vehicles may require replacement of the AM/FM stereo radio control.
Last edited by PartScott on Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PartScott

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers