Missing "Chips"???

Re: Missing "Chips"???

Postby unemployed » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:21 pm

PartsPlant81 wrote:
unemployed wrote:Has anyone tried ordering the rear seat heater module ? we have a 2022 acadia , and we have to turn off our VIN filter to get a part number in the snap on catalog , is it because they put those build codes in 00R credit-not equipped
that prevents the catalog showing part number with VIN filter on ? , vehicle build has the KA6 , KU9
just nervous to order a wrong module , we are coming up with part number 13536325
1GKKNXLS7NZ162831

I ordered the same part # last week just waiting for it to arrive. Same situation though; had to take the VIN filter off to get the part number.
Fingers crossed it's the correct part :x

Thanks for the reply, at least i know that i am not the only one , going to cross my fingers too,
unemployed

Postby camaroman » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:44 am

Silverado seat heater procedure question. According to N212354521 you are supposed to replace the AM/FM Stereo Radio Control, according to EPIC it is an exchange part. Called PARTECH to verify part number we came up with was correct and they said to order it from GMSPO not as an exchange. Tried that with the vin attached and it was cancelled. Have any of you ordered this part number 84746880 yet and if so did it go through? Thanks for the information in advance.
camaroman

Postby PartScott » Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:59 am

camaroman wrote:Silverado seat heater procedure question. According to N212354521 you are supposed to replace the AM/FM Stereo Radio Control, according to EPIC it is an exchange part. Called PARTECH to verify part number we came up with was correct and they said to order it from GMSPO not as an exchange. Tried that with the vin attached and it was cancelled. Have any of you ordered this part number 84746880 yet and if so did it go through? Thanks for the information in advance.

Have not dealt with this specifically, but from the bulletin, it states:

Parts required to complete this repair are to be obtained from General Motors Customer Care and Aftersales (GMCC&A). For the radio controls specifically, please order from an electronic service center as normal and follow the regular return process on core.
PartScott

Postby smoyer » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:58 pm

been ordering the modules for terrains, and acadia with no hitch numbers are in snapon and most are in chicago. You folks that have to turn filtering off are you using the online catalog?
smoyer

Postby Denise Trimble » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:31 pm

smoyer wrote:been ordering the modules for terrains, and acadia with no hitch numbers are in snapon and most are in chicago. You folks that have to turn filtering off are you using the online catalog?

I'm finding the modules in group 11.500 on cars and 16.685 on trucks; without turning off the filtering.
Denise Trimble

Postby AlanHomes » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:42 pm

PartScott wrote:
camaroman wrote:Silverado seat heater procedure question. According to N212354521 you are supposed to replace the AM/FM Stereo Radio Control, according to EPIC it is an exchange part. Called PARTECH to verify part number we came up with was correct and they said to order it from GMSPO not as an exchange. Tried that with the vin attached and it was cancelled. Have any of you ordered this part number 84746880 yet and if so did it go through? Thanks for the information in advance.

Have not dealt with this specifically, but from the bulletin, it states:

Parts required to complete this repair are to be obtained from General Motors Customer Care and Aftersales (GMCC&A). For the radio controls specifically, please order from an electronic service center as normal and follow the regular return process on core.

Correct, order from Model Electronics, Spemco, AJR, on an exchange basis. You must have a RO to order. Southern Autotronics in Richmond VA comes to mind, don't know if they are still around. Ordered many a cruise control transducer from them back in the day, had to know if the vehicle had resume or not. For you youngsters out there, it had a speedometer cable coming from the transmission and a cable to the speedometer.
AlanHomes

Postby PartScott » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:07 pm

Okay, another first here. I use the online parts catalog. '22 Equinox with a production date of April 23, 2022...parts catalog only lists one module (13533767) but states that is a first design for models built prior to April 27, 2021. Second design not listed in the catalog, but a number is given in the engineering notes on Global Disconnect. Are we supposed to be using the first design module even though the production date is incorrect, or is this an error in the parts catalog?
PartScott

Postby smoyer » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:22 pm

PartScott wrote:Okay, another first here. I use the online parts catalog. '22 Equinox with a production date of April 23, 2022...parts catalog only lists one module (13533767) but states that is a first design for models built prior to April 27, 2021. Second design not listed in the catalog, but a number is given in the engineering notes on Global Disconnect. Are we supposed to be using the first design module even though the production date is incorrect, or is this an error in the parts catalog?

I go by production date use the number in notes if it falls after the production cutoff
smoyer

Postby PartScott » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:25 pm

smoyer wrote:I go by production date use the number in notes if it falls after the production cutoff

Awesome...thanks for the quick response!
PartScott

Postby last8please » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:11 pm

how are y'all handling N212354521 where you are supposed to replace the AM/FM Stereo Radio Control, and have to get from Specmo, Model or AJR. Do you wait til vehicle is in your shop to order the radio exchange and keep vehicle overnight or do you pre-order so it arrives before appointment??
last8please

PreviousNext

Return to Parts Managers