GM MINIMUM BUT QTY ORDER 1 GET 30????

GM MINIMUM BUT QTY ORDER 1 GET 30????

Postby MOPARRIGGAN » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:26 pm

Hello my Parts Managers,

I am noticing in the past 2 months more part numbers having minimum purchase qty. Example pn 12626354 qty = 30.

Did I miss a bulletin or something? Also happene with some air filters example:19338060 min buy qty = 20

Not a big issue on most of the ones ive seen.

Ive got to start closely monitoring CSO for non stock so im not creating obsolescense
MOPARRIGGAN

Re: GM MINIMUM BUT QTY ORDER 1 GET 30????

Postby ehiatt » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:43 pm

Sounds like you are a victim of GCUS-9-13143, the Minimum Order Quantity Pilot program.
. The pilot will pertain to RIM orders only and target fast-moving parts with a current order quantity of one.
Although these new MOQs will be reflected in RIM, due to system limitations, they will not be reflected elsewhere, such as your DMS, Parts Work Bench, etc. In all systems other than RIM, order quantities will still show as one, even though they will ship according to these pilot minimum order quantities.

Ain't that special?? :roll: :o
ehiatt

Postby camaroman » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:25 pm

I think those same pilots package parts too. Lets put a 20 pound valve body in a box 2 sizes too big with some bubble wrap around it and hope it gets there in one piece. Gotta love their algorithms.
camaroman

Postby ehiatt » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:37 pm

camaroman wrote:I think those same pilots package parts too. Lets put a 20 pound valve body in a box 2 sizes too big with some bubble wrap around it and hope it gets there in one piece. Gotta love their algorithms.

Same with a $1500.00 headlamp with lots of nice tabs sticking out. :shock:
ehiatt

Postby MOPARRIGGAN » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:25 pm

ehiatt wrote:Sounds like you are a victim of GCUS-9-13143, the Minimum Order Quantity Pilot program.
. The pilot will pertain to RIM orders only and target fast-moving parts with a current order quantity of one.
Although these new MOQs will be reflected in RIM, due to system limitations, they will not be reflected elsewhere, such as your DMS, Parts Work Bench, etc. In all systems other than RIM, order quantities will still show as one, even though they will ship according to these pilot minimum order quantities.

Ain't that special?? :roll: :o

Wow, wonder how i can exit the pilot program ??? LOL :roll:
MOPARRIGGAN

Return to Parts Managers