RIM 3.0

RIM 3.0

Postby PartsDanager » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:34 pm

Anyone else click the RIM link in the PWB+? It transfers to a new RIM site (looks like PWB+, ecom). It seems a bit limited to me at this point but a cool premise. I couldn't find my 12 month demand on approving new RIM stuffs, so I used the old one. At least it looked nice.
PartsDanager

Re: RIM 3.0

Postby Tbizkit » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:35 pm

Can you provide the link if possible?

Thanks!
Tbizkit

Postby Denise Trimble » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:19 pm

Tbizkit wrote:Can you provide the link if possible?

Thanks!

https://rim-p.autopartners DOT net/RIM/
Denise Trimble

Postby C8RFAN » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:36 pm

I swear i had heart palpatations when i saw it and opened it...

Hoping it is a little more user friendly at least
C8RFAN

Postby smoyer » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:31 pm

PartsDanager wrote:Anyone else click the RIM link in the PWB+? It transfers to a new RIM site (looks like PWB+, ecom). It seems a bit limited to me at this point but a cool premise. I couldn't find my 12 month demand on approving new RIM stuffs, so I used the old one. At least it looked nice.

you have to click on the part number to see monthly demand
smoyer

Postby PartsDanager » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:30 pm

smoyer wrote:
PartsDanager wrote:Anyone else click the RIM link in the PWB+? It transfers to a new RIM site (looks like PWB+, ecom). It seems a bit limited to me at this point but a cool premise. I couldn't find my 12 month demand on approving new RIM stuffs, so I used the old one. At least it looked nice.

you have to click on the part number to see monthly demand

Ah I see, thank you!
PartsDanager

Postby Denise Trimble » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:00 pm

The KPI inventory summary report is nice.
Denise Trimble

Postby PartsOnBackorder » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:04 pm

The only thing i hear and see with RIM 3.0 is going to be 3x more parts being put into inventory that we aren't going to sell ...............
PartsOnBackorder

Postby PartsDanager » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:32 pm

PartsOnBackorder wrote:The only thing i hear and see with RIM 3.0 is going to be 3x more parts being put into inventory that we aren't going to sell ...............

That RIM algorithm has far less to do with dealership level of service and obsolescence protection than GM selling parts to dealers they don't need.
Common parts knowledge-
1 demand is not indicative of a stocking need
Sales from other local dealers are not indicative of my dealers' demand
Increasing quantity packs serves more to reduce manufacturer's operating costs than to increase my dealers' level of service AND inherently contributes to unreturnable obsolescence.

Personally, I find the program predatory at best. Control over inventory/capital investment is minimal, deviating from poor strategy is penalized, interlaced programs provide MORE time wasting efforts for us to verify parts on backorder that GM knows are on backorder.
PartsDanager

Postby C8RFAN » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:04 pm

PartsDanager wrote:
PartsOnBackorder wrote:The only thing i hear and see with RIM 3.0 is going to be 3x more parts being put into inventory that we aren't going to sell ...............

That RIM algorithm has far less to do with dealership level of service and obsolescence protection than GM selling parts to dealers they don't need.
Common parts knowledge-
1 demand is not indicative of a stocking need
Sales from other local dealers are not indicative of my dealers' demand
Increasing quantity packs serves more to reduce manufacturer's operating costs than to increase my dealers' level of service AND inherently contributes to unreturnable obsolescence.

Personally, I find the program predatory at best. Control over inventory/capital investment is minimal, deviating from poor strategy is penalized, interlaced programs provide MORE time wasting efforts for us to verify parts on backorder that GM knows are on backorder.

Excellent explination!
C8RFAN

Next

Return to Parts Managers