D2D EXPRESS FOR SPRINT

D2D EXPRESS FOR SPRINT

Postby MOPARRIGGAN » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:22 pm

PMs... After you have located a part on the OEC parts locator and spoke with someone at the selling dealer. Are you still calling 855-462-2737 to have DPAC assist you with sprinting the part or are you able to dlick the D2D Express tab and do it electronically.

I have had this happen twice where the selling dealer cannot see the d2d express Sprint request.
MOPARRIGGAN

Re: D2D EXPRESS FOR SPRINT

Postby Tbizkit » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:59 pm

I've had to do both,

Sometimes the electronic version through PWB works but it takes a couple of hours to process through.

What I do now is put it through electronically then I call D2D and have them confirm it is there and then have them contact the selling dealer to make sure they accept it.
Tbizkit

Postby champiod » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:19 am

MOPARRIGGAN wrote:PMs... After you have located a part on the OEC parts locator and spoke with someone at the selling dealer. Are you still calling 855-462-2737 to have DPAC assist you with sprinting the part.

I am under the impression that DPAC does not do this anymore, when the new system went live last summer i called a couple times and they refused to help.

there are a few reasons why the selling dealer doesn't get your request; part ineligible for SPRINT due to, size, national control or any other reason GM seems fit to add to a part. The selling dealer has the part blocked for sale thru D2D link, in which case they will have to remove it. Also i'm surprised at the amount of dealers that still don't know the new way and are waiting for GM to fax them paperwork.

This system is so frustrating that we just buy them direct and skip the SPRINT process,(when they don't fill from 2 shopping attempts) which was most likely GM's goal with this update from the beginning
champiod

Postby Denise Trimble » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:32 pm

We have done it both ways, as well as received it multiple ways. Some never make it through the electronic Express channel, and some do but you have to watch for it or it disappears and you can't pick it up. Seems consistently inconsistent, as per GM norm. Meanwhile, we all waste immeasurable amounts of time chasing it all down. Since Monday, we tried to order a part, it cancelled. Called DPAC, they ordered it, it cancelled. It is on national control, so all guidelines and "tricks" were attempted; still cancelled. After 23 phone calls, found a dealer who was willing to SELL it to us, you'd think we'd be thrilled. Not really. They gouged us on markups & shipping. THEN: We got a notice GM is releasing one of our cancelled orders.
Denise Trimble

Postby WhoParted » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:20 pm

Can parts be manually sprinted anymore? Got an EGR valve that is not on the Express direct program. Other dealer is willing to fill my SPAC case, but GM wont do a manual sprint like we used to. Their solution is for me to buy it directly.
WhoParted

Return to Parts Managers