Discontinued Rear Body Panel - Need Advice

Discontinued Rear Body Panel - Need Advice

Postby Corley » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:05 pm

Good afternoon folks,

First let me say that I appreciate any effort into looking into this. Thank you for your time and effort.

Vehicle was rear ended and rear body panel is destroyed. Looks like GM discontinued the panel a year or two ago. Can any of you look on OE for me or give me any advice on where to look for one? I don't have access to OE or any of the elite tools you guys have. Called 10 dealers in the Chicago area, all say discontinued.

GM part#: 25978128 - For 2011-2015 Cadillac CTS Coupe. Looks like they have them for the Sedan and Wagon still, but stopped the Coupe.

I really appreciate you guys.
Corley

Re: Discontinued Rear Body Panel - Need Advice

Postby understatedone » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:16 pm

Looks like zero dealers on OE have it. Most likely going to have to get a used one or have car totaled
understatedone

Postby Corley » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:52 pm

understatedone wrote:Looks like zero dealers on OE have it. Most likely going to have to get a used one or have car totaled

Ah damn, just my luck. Can I go to a Cadillac dealership and have them open a SPAC case for this type of part? Or does this not work with discontinued part? I don't even know why this is discontinued since it is only a 7 year body panel. Nothing I can do then as far as bitching to GM, huh? Lol. Thank you so much for checking for me sir.
Corley

Postby understatedone » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:00 pm

Cannot SPAC a discontinued part so that won't help unfortunately
understatedone

Postby Zep33 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:42 pm

There are Cadillac specialty places for used and discontinued parts

Try Cadillac Heaven

or Google others
Zep33

Postby AlanHomes » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:32 pm

Cadillac King California . 818-890-6500
At one time back in the day, (70's and 80's) Ted Holcombe in Bensalem Pennsylvania, his son may be running the show now.
Not surprised the panel is obsolete, a LOT of parts are going obsolete. Alan

Just remembered, there was a GM wrecking yard in Maryland Rockville GM, might be online. Bought a lot of HVAC programmers from them years ago when they were the size of cigar boxes for the Eldorado's and Fleetwood's with C65 auto a/c.

I am sure several of us could give you numbers to our DMA's with the stipulation you will not spill where you got their number :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D :D :D
AlanHomes

Return to Parts Managers