CDK question -DEL status issue

CDK question -DEL status issue

Postby Zep33 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:59 pm

Good morning

This is something I run into occasionally and am wondering if this ever happens to others.

Go to order a part for a customer (usually body parts) and it's on delete status. Instead of CDK prompting that's it's on DEL status and to order it like most parts do, it just bills it straight out into the negative.

I know how to counteract it when it happens but it's a pain in the ass process especially when it's several parts. I've also had my counterguys completely miss it and the part never gets ordered.

What also happens if you don't fix it, is in IRE when you roll the SORs, it will show a 0 dollar vale in the order total and only roll part of the order and it's just a complete mess until you fix the part(s) causing the issue.

What I do to fix this is, as soon as I see it happening, I stop, go to PM, set the part to active, DEL it again and then reset it to active. Then I can get prompted in the invoice to order the part. This also fixes whatever issues in IRE would happen if I don't do this.

Hope this makes sense as I know it's kind of long winded, but if you've seen this you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Wish I knew what actually causes this. Sometimes months go by without it happening but today I just did a body order and 6 of the 8 parts did it to me. All the parts that were on DEL status

thanks
Zep33

Re: CDK question -DEL status issue

Postby Zep33 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:31 pm

BTW, I copy/pasted this into a CDK case and will follow up with whatever they tell me as well
Zep33

Postby Zep33 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:34 pm

One of the parts actually went on DEL status back on 2/28 automatically with the stack and never went through the full delete. It did not need to be added back in today.

That part should have had to go through the whole ADD scenario with source, cost, etc...

What would keep a part on DEL status for that long still in the system?
Zep33

Postby PartsDanager » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:06 pm

Did a little searching, only thing I've found is reference to OH being set to DEL but the SS remaining in blank(active) status. Thus, MNE runs and doesn't delete the part, but OH remains at DEL. Not sure if this applies at all or what would cause a parts OH to read DEL without the SS doing the same.
PartsDanager

Postby Zep33 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:41 pm

I didn't pay close enough attention in PM to notice if both OH and SS are set to DEL. I know OH was at DEL when it just billed the part into the negative instead of prompting to order it. You could see the DEL right in the invoice screen.

I'll look at that next time it happens

Still haven't had a reply to my case with CDK
Zep33

Postby PartsDanager » Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:00 pm

I'm overly invested in how this played out, if it did.
PartsDanager

Postby Zep33 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:49 pm

I finally got a response this morning to my case. But just asking if I still needed help

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Zep33

Postby Zep33 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:48 pm

I think I got an answer

They had a list of parts in my system that showed DEL for on hand but not in Special Status.

They seem to think that was the issue causing this. They called it a "defect"

Not sure how it happened but I just had them move the whole list to full delete status
Zep33

Postby C8RFAN » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:03 pm

I am actually just starting to fully comprehend what you mean... I have 8026 parts in (blank) active parts... and only 132 in (DEL) Parts to be deleted..

We just had our inventory, and they said something about not having seen that many 888 (my default bin) sheets, all the "888's" are mostly in Blank-Active, but source 15, 0 on hands.

But you have my gears turning of why they sit in 888, or doesnt actually..

A few months ago, we tried going into PM the 888's to f6 delete, but frankly we couldnt keep on top of it, and it slipped away. I cant imagine you are manually f6'ing every single # all the time, or are you?
C8RFAN

Postby Zep33 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:54 pm

no, I just use batch change in PM every month after I do a return to change the BIN from my return room (RET) back to SOR. but those parts have been put on DEL already after I relieved inventory from my return. I would never have the time to sit and F6 them all. I must be doing something that's not putting them on full delete status. F6 does DEL both OH and SS though

It's funny though, this really started after we had a buy/sell back in March of 2021. CDK to CDK though. I thought it was due to the conversion at the time. It happened with a lot of parts at first and then really slowed down to once in a great while.

I also came from a group that held our MNS over 12 in a reserve that didn't take into consideration MNR so we could buy a part this month that hadn't sold in 15 months and just because it was still in the system, we would get dinged on it. It got me on a $3500 radio once and I was pissed.

So I had come up with a process in Report Generator that would take any part over 12 months with no OH and no OO and put it on delete status to get all those parts out of the system. I still run it from time to time. It also helps when we bought an aftermarket part months prior and the price changed. We were required to add all parts to the system and even though my guys are pretty good at double checking prices, I'm sure some slipped through once in a while. Dumping all those parts to DEL status and making them add them back in again if they came up again seemed like the right thing to do. But it really defeats the purpose if the system doesn't truly delete them.
Zep33

Next

Return to Parts Managers