Mobil LV HP ATF

Mobil LV HP ATF

Postby AlanHomes » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:33 pm

Where are you buying Mobil LV HP ATF? Our oil supplier has none, barrels or bottles. Dealers are calling me begging to let some go. One dealer a few hours away sent their driver with a couple of buckets just to get a vehicle out of their shop. There was a black label and blue label bottle, one of the countermen here says a bulletin came out a year ago that stated not to use the black label. I do not remember seeing such a bulletin. Aftermarket is gouging on the quart bottles $14 each, bullshit. At some point warranty will stop paying the difference.
AlanHomes

Re: Mobil LV HP ATF

Postby PartScott » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:14 pm

I am serviced by Key Oil in central Kentucky and I sell the LV HP in quart bottles. I last received fluid from them on 10/11, so I can only assume that they still have it.

I do remember seeing a bulletin to discontinue use of the black label (19355656) and to start using the blue label (19417577). There was even a special parts return for the black label fluid that we had in stock.
PartScott

Postby WhoParted » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:26 pm

Get from your oil supplier, We use Flyers energy out here in Northern California. They should have a drum or quart bottle option.
WhoParted

Postby PartsDanager » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:45 pm

AlanHomes wrote:Where are you buying Mobil LV HP ATF? Our oil supplier has none, barrels or bottles..

WhoParted wrote:Get from your oil supplier, We use Flyers energy out here in Northern California. They should have a drum or quart bottle option.

Mobil has a fun history of being unable to supply oils.

For awhile in the Pacific Northwest, we were having to use non Mobil oil as we couldn't be supplied with any bulk. Was a fun process having to submit for exclusions, because GM couldn't work with the oil supplier.
PartsDanager

Return to Parts Managers