GMparts dot com site

GMparts dot com site

Postby AlanHomes » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:38 pm

Took a look at the new gmparts dot com site, we will be screwed big time. There is a link for authorized sellers ie: E-Bay, Amazon, etc. Pick a part, any part. Search by zip code and find a dealer near you, one might have it for $100 the big wholesaler has it for $46.
Already had one call yesterday, customer wanted to make sure the part number he gave me was correct since he looked it up on the new site. Of course our pricing was off since the big gun wholesaler had it for a small percentage above cost. I was ready to say, "No your part number is not correct, use 1051515.
AlanHomes

Re: GMparts dot com site

Postby C8RFAN » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:04 pm

We are in the same boat.. "Encouraged" to sign up from our DMA. Big wholesaler in our area is selling for a little bit over cost.

We cant win, so we arent even trying. Im list or list +1% or something

NOT WORTH THE HASSLE
C8RFAN

Postby smoyer » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:22 pm

We just tell them we don't match internet prices
smoyer

Postby PartsDanager » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:02 pm

C8RFAN wrote:We are in the same boat.. "Encouraged" to sign up from our DMA. Big wholesaler in our area is selling for a little bit over cost.

NOT WORTH THE HASSLE

Same, intentionally priced out of that bad market. We knew it was a bad market going in but DMA was so insistent that we have to do it now. "Encouraged" indeed.

I swear they look at programs around parts every year and the thinktank goes "Okay how can we make this marginally worse for most dealers?".
PartsDanager

Postby C8RFAN » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:10 pm

PartsDanager wrote:
C8RFAN wrote:We are in the same boat.. "Encouraged" to sign up from our DMA. Big wholesaler in our area is selling for a little bit over cost.

NOT WORTH THE HASSLE

Same, intentionally priced out of that bad market. We knew it was a bad market going in but DMA was so insistent that we have to do it now. "Encouraged" indeed.

I swear they look at programs around parts every year and the thinktank goes "Okay how can we make this marginally worse for most dealers?".

Exactly :(
C8RFAN

Return to Parts Managers