EV forklift

Re: EV forklift

Postby C8RFAN » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:38 pm

camaroman wrote:We purchased a used one from Equipment Depot in PA and spent about $28,000.00. Had just over 4000 hours on it. Seemed to be out of a Home Depot warehouse, repainted and nice shape.

That sounds like a fair deal! I wish I had more of a hand in ours, but the GM took the reigns.

My biggest thing was having it purchased from somewhere locally that would actually service/maintain on a yearly schedule,
Our sister store had a Clark, and with regular maint, it lasted 30 years. Still running and working fine, just didnt meet requirements, so they sold it when the new one arrived.
C8RFAN

Postby Stevenspeaking » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:07 pm

Just a thought as I saw a truck being pulled into the shop with a bobcat.

Would a bobcat qualify? you can get fork attachments as well as snow removal and other items. This would give more uses for the money being spent.
sbrittain@mcgovernauto dot com
Stevenspeaking

Postby C8RFAN » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:42 pm

Stevenspeaking wrote:Just a thought as I saw a truck being pulled into the shop with a bobcat.

Would a bobcat qualify? you can get fork attachments as well as snow removal and other items. This would give more uses for the money being spent.

I'm not sure, but thats a GREAT idea!
C8RFAN

Postby ScottParts » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:46 pm

Stevenspeaking wrote:Just a thought as I saw a truck being pulled into the shop with a bobcat.

Doubtful. I never saw the requirements (that was all on the SM), but I think I heard there was a height specification (must lift XX high), which I don't think a Bobcat would.
ScottParts

Postby Denise Trimble » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:00 pm

I did the search on Global : "EV Ready Resources" and obtained a pretty extensive list of their criteria notifications.
Edit: Generally speaking.
Last edited by Denise Trimble on Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Denise Trimble

Postby Stevenspeaking » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:26 pm

Denise Trimble wrote:I did the search on Global : "EV Ready Resources" and obtained a pretty extensive list of their criteria notifications.

I am a Mopar dealer so it is not something I really have to worry about. Just doing my part and adding ideas to the collection here on Dealersedge :D
sbrittain@mcgovernauto dot com
Stevenspeaking

Postby understatedone » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:23 pm

We have a huge forklift for EV's, ready for Hummer battery packs anyday now! With packaging crate they only weight about 4200 lbs!! :o
understatedone

Previous

Return to Parts Managers