parts rec

parts rec

Postby smoyer » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:34 pm

anyone using this parts reconciliation program?
smoyer

Re: parts rec

Postby olepartsguy » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:00 pm

TELL US MORE ABOUT IT
olepartsguy

Postby smoyer » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:32 pm

I was looking for a little insight so far as I can tell it is a train wreck, you would think it was a cox/dealer track program
smoyer

Postby PartsDanager » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:30 pm

Just clarifying, you currently use this?

It looks like a cool concept, but man what a program that must be.

I think it almost runs counterintuitive to you and I having a job if it works correctly. I just doubt it does. I'm just thinking of the number of variables a program like that would have to handle. First off, it needs to know what source goes to what inventory. It needs to know how you handle cores. It needs to know how your specific DMS deals with WIP, GL work in process, knowledge of any uncontrolled parts, non-franchise purchases.

Seems like you'd have to give so much input and there is so much that could be left out or accounted for differently per DMS. Garbage in garbage out, regardless of you being the tool for reconciliation, or using a program.
PartsDanager

Postby smoyer » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:01 pm

PartsDanager wrote:Just clarifying, you currently use this?

It looks like a cool concept, but man what a program that must be.

I think it almost runs counterintuitive to you and I having a job if it works correctly. I just doubt it does. I'm just thinking of the number of variables a program like that would have to handle. First off, it needs to know what source goes to what inventory. It needs to know how you handle cores. It needs to know how your specific DMS deals with WIP, GL work in process, knowledge of any uncontrolled parts, non-franchise purchases.

Seems like you'd have to give so much input and there is so much that could be left out or accounted for differently per DMS. Garbage in garbage out, regardless of you being the tool for reconciliation, or using a program.

no worries there you still have to upload invoices, correct any mistakes that it "thinks " were made, if anything else it adds work to your day
smoyer

Postby PartsDanager » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:19 pm

I misunderstood the whole point of the program. It's just invoice/packing slip reconciliation?
PartsDanager

Postby smoyer » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:24 pm

PartsDanager wrote:I misunderstood the whole point of the program. It's just invoice/packing slip reconciliation?

it can do alot if you have all day free you can drill down the numbers and reconcile your inventory daily but yea what you said is correct
smoyer

Return to Parts Managers