dealertrack outstanding core

dealertrack outstanding core

Postby fxwgrider80 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:50 pm

Good Afternoon, small town GM dealer trying to figure out Dealertrack core process. How does a returned to GM core, that has been posted from inventory
(dirty core list), removed from the "Outstanding list"? I have looked through DMS360 and can find no info on this.
Thanks
fxwgrider80

Re: dealertrack outstanding core

Postby AlanHomes » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:55 am

Here is the easiest way to deal with dirty cores in Dealertrack It appears you already know once a core is credited on a repair order or counter ticket it goes to your Dirty Core list. And that dollar amount is still figured into your inventory value.
Once the core is written up for return to GM perform an option 30 "inventory adjustment" Type in the core part number example 97780683-C you should see the inventory adjustment screen. Simply enter the quantity, be it one, two, however many you are returning into the "Decrease Inventory By" I usually use RFC for a reason and click OK. Do this on a regular basis as cores are returned and be amazed how the dirty core report grows smaller in value.
AlanHomes

Re: dealertrack outstanding core

Postby Stevenspeaking » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:01 pm

The "outstanding core report" is defined by DT as "Returns results for all core parts that are currently included on a repair order in any status, or parts invoices in any status for which there is not an offsetting credit for the same Core Part Number. Note that parts on hold will not be included in these counts. Note: Outstanding Cores greater than 90 days are not included in the report."
I imagine the only way to remove a core from the outstanding list would be to make sure the credit was tied to the original transaction.

Another way to remove dirty cores is with the "Factory Returns" tile. Click add. As mopar I have to uncheck Mopar 5300 return and click OK to get to the selection screen. Create a return number and description and check core return. This will create a list of all the dirty cores on the system.

Then edit the list as needed by change for reducing quantity or delete if it has not been sent back yet. When done select cancel to see your open lists. At this point print the return for your records before posting the return. Once posted you can't see the list again however you can see in the part number (for the core) history that it was a factory return.
sbrittain@mcgovernauto dot com
Stevenspeaking

Return to Parts Managers