adp oli

adp oli

Postby turbo59 » Mon Jan 07, 2002 11:15 pm

in the past, i was able to access adp user manal thru function oli...but it is not operational now. has anyone been able to use the support channel on dealersuite.com?

did adp issue your dealership a password or is that privy info for the system admin?

turbo59

adp oli

Postby mh » Wed Jan 09, 2002 7:22 am

Hi Turbo59,

My understanding was that the On Line Information was discontinued. Have you been receiving the Client Support Channel CD
CSC0103 from ADP? This is the "red book" on a disc. You do have to get a password from ADP for the support channel and it seems when I tried it the first time there was a problem logging onto it. Make sure read the info about IE6 on the page.

MH
mh

adp oli

Postby turbo59 » Sun Jan 13, 2002 5:26 pm

thanks for the info mh.

have a good week!
turbo59
turbo59

adp oli

Postby slimandodge » Fri Jan 18, 2002 11:28 am

When we purchased our ADP system the big selling point they used was OLI. There were no books, a great feature. They removed OLI as we knew it and tried to charge us for it. With a littler persistence you can get them to re-install it for you.

Good Luck,
Sliman's Parts Dept

slimandodge

adp oli

Postby eweirick » Sun Jan 20, 2002 3:20 pm

The ADP Support Channel CD is sent to us a couple of times each year. Check with your system administrator. We load the CD in our jukebox to make it available to everyone over our PC network. I like the Support Channel because most of the documentation is available in two formats, HTML and PDF. I prefer the PDF format because it is easier to search for text using the Adobe Acrobat search function.

I use the DealerSuite.com web site to access the Support Channel when working from home. Before you can get setup with a logon you need to have your system administrator get a user ID first. Once your SA is setup its easy to add additional users.

I recently started using DealerSuite.com to open technical support cases with ADP. You are allowed to set the priority of your case and it gives you an estimated time before it is assigned to a tech. The system uses automatic email to notify you of any status changes (when your case is assigned it gives you the techs name).Youll receive an email with each additional status change until the case is closed. Works great and it sure is better than waiting for someone on the phone.

------------------
Ed Weirick

eweirick

Return to Parts Managers