Aftermarket parts/flushes regarding PASE sales loyalty

Aftermarket parts/flushes regarding PASE sales loyalty

Postby joecool17 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:25 pm

Hello everyone. I am curious if anyone can help assist me with a PASE sales loyalty question? I am a small dealer that also includes a Body Shop. The majority of parts I get dinged for come from the use of aftermarket/used body parts. I have a Service Manager who is currently adding additional flush chemicals to our service menu :shock: . She claims that dealerships have found ways to not get caught utilizing aftermarket/flush chemicals. Of course, this statement is coming from a BG chemical salesman :roll: . I have kicked him out and told him I wouldn't buy from him in the past for fear of losing additional sales loyalty. He somehow convinced the New/Used Car Sales Manager and Service Manager that if we use certain BG products in all non-certified used vehicles, they will back any engine/transmission for an additional 6000 miles. So this stuff magically shows up, and I have to play along. I am currently hovering around 92% and have to stay above 85%. The only thing that I can think of would be to bill out the aftermarket parts on a parts counter invoice. What can I do to not get dinged? Any help or thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thank you!
joecool17

Re: Aftermarket parts/flushes regarding PASE sales loyalty

Postby Denise Trimble » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:23 pm

I believe there are specific bulletins in SI which prove GM does not endorse the use of any aftermarket "flushes" or conditioning products. If memory serves me correctly, BG requires the repair order or invoice to have their specific part number(s) billed out in order to prove they were used and be covered for their warranty. Did your department acquire the cost of the product, into your inventory?
Denise Trimble

Postby joecool17 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:44 pm

I'm fixing on getting costs figured out and some markup. I haven't even received an invoice yet. Quite literally, this was delivered to her office without my knowledge. Their plan was to keep parts out of it completely. Not sure how anyone could even do that :roll: .
joecool17

Postby Zep33 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:51 pm

Although I'm sure many do it, billing out the parts on a parts invoice is known by GM and against the rules.

They published a "rules" sheet several years ago that included most, if not all, the workarounds everyone had at the time.

Thankfully, I'm no longer with GM so I haven't kept up on any of it over that past few years
Zep33

Postby Denise Trimble » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:52 pm

joecool17 wrote:I'm fixing on getting costs figured out and some markup. I haven't even received an invoice yet. Quite literally, this was delivered to her office without my knowledge. Their plan was to keep parts out of it completely. Not sure how anyone could even do that :roll: .

JoeCool: pardon the ridiculous pun, but PASE that gift-horse! If she's doing it behind your back, leave it there my good man. Let the chips fall where they may as long as Parts didn't put up the stake in the race.
Denise Trimble

Postby BBCB » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:08 pm

MISREPRESENTATION/MANIPULATION OF THE DSL QUALIFIER
Misrepresentations that increase DSL may result in a chargeback of incentives paid for the period(s) in question
and will cause the dealership to be suspended from PASE incentive eligibility for 3 months.
Examples of misrepresentations include, but are not limited to:
• Parts sold on a counter ticket and installed on a repair order
• Inappropriate use of an approved exclusion part number
Note: All PASE Monthly Incentive Payments are subject to audit and charge back for noncompliance with any
Program rules.

* From the resources tab on the Pase main page.
BBCB

Postby ScottParts » Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:47 pm

joecool17 wrote:Quite literally, this was delivered to her office without my knowledge. Their plan was to keep parts out of it completely. Not sure how anyone could even do that :roll: .

Sounds like she's planning to put it towards Shop Supplies(?), and not in Parts?
ScottParts

Postby smoyer » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:10 pm

if you are on reynolds or any other dms that has a gog function unlike dealercrap put you flushes in gog and you will have to manually adjust your inventory at month end
smoyer

Postby joecool17 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:36 pm

Well, now it looks like I no longer have to worry about this situation. I mentioned this scenario to our Owner, and he has ordered the return of these additional products. His first thought (and mine) was that someone could be receiving bribe/spiff money off of it. This product was dropped off at our Ford store, Express lube, and here at our GM store very quickly and the only people who new of it was our Service Manager and New/Used Car Manager. The New/Used Car Manager allegedly used this product before at his previous employer for warranty purposes. He claims he could get transmissions paid for if they were to fail within the first 6k after a non certified vehicle was sold to a customer. However, our stores sell an aftermarket warranty with every used vehicle that already covers powertrain, so it's essentially an extra unnecessary expense. Still am curious to those who may have found loopholes around getting dinged though. I have turned to this forum for advise in the past and am glad to get help where I can. Thank you!
joecool17

Postby bsnyder723 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:06 pm

The only loophole I've found is having service sell it as a labor operation and than transferring parts share of the GP$ once the RO is closed and paid for. This requires the accounting office to know what they are doing as well. Obviously I'd prefer to keep the snake oil out of our shop. GM has chemicals that do the same job as almost all the BG crap, they just don't spiff the writer/tech for using their crap.
bsnyder723

Next

Return to Parts Managers